Apr 29, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
As if the Hawks don’t face enough challenges taking on the top seeded Chicago Bulls in the second round, it now looks like they now have to go without their defensive-minded starting point guard for at least a game against Derrick Rose. So good luck with that.
“I saw him when he was leaving the building, and his spirits were really good, but he was limping,” (coach Larry) Drew said. “And that was not a good sign.”
Officially it is a strained hamstring. Those are injuries that can both linger and easily reaggrivate if not fully healed before stepping back on the court.
Hinrich is Atlanta’s best defensive guard and would have drawn a lot of time on Rose. In his absence, look for more Jamal Crawford and Jeff Teague. Which is not good for the Hawks, who already face a lot of challenges in this series.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 8
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 2
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 7
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 16