Apr 29, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
As if the Hawks don’t face enough challenges taking on the top seeded Chicago Bulls in the second round, it now looks like they now have to go without their defensive-minded starting point guard for at least a game against Derrick Rose. So good luck with that.
“I saw him when he was leaving the building, and his spirits were really good, but he was limping,” (coach Larry) Drew said. “And that was not a good sign.”
Officially it is a strained hamstring. Those are injuries that can both linger and easily reaggrivate if not fully healed before stepping back on the court.
Hinrich is Atlanta’s best defensive guard and would have drawn a lot of time on Rose. In his absence, look for more Jamal Crawford and Jeff Teague. Which is not good for the Hawks, who already face a lot of challenges in this series.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6