Apr 29, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
As if the Hawks don’t face enough challenges taking on the top seeded Chicago Bulls in the second round, it now looks like they now have to go without their defensive-minded starting point guard for at least a game against Derrick Rose. So good luck with that.
“I saw him when he was leaving the building, and his spirits were really good, but he was limping,” (coach Larry) Drew said. “And that was not a good sign.”
Officially it is a strained hamstring. Those are injuries that can both linger and easily reaggrivate if not fully healed before stepping back on the court.
Hinrich is Atlanta’s best defensive guard and would have drawn a lot of time on Rose. In his absence, look for more Jamal Crawford and Jeff Teague. Which is not good for the Hawks, who already face a lot of challenges in this series.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 2
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 5
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14