Apr 29, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
As if the Hawks don’t face enough challenges taking on the top seeded Chicago Bulls in the second round, it now looks like they now have to go without their defensive-minded starting point guard for at least a game against Derrick Rose. So good luck with that.
“I saw him when he was leaving the building, and his spirits were really good, but he was limping,” (coach Larry) Drew said. “And that was not a good sign.”
Officially it is a strained hamstring. Those are injuries that can both linger and easily reaggrivate if not fully healed before stepping back on the court.
Hinrich is Atlanta’s best defensive guard and would have drawn a lot of time on Rose. In his absence, look for more Jamal Crawford and Jeff Teague. Which is not good for the Hawks, who already face a lot of challenges in this series.
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 3
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 79
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11