Apr 28, 2011, 8:18 AM EDT
The San Antonio Spurs are still alive in the playoffs right now, living to fight another day.
Thanks to Gary Neal. A rookie. He did what seemingly countless veteran Spurs have done before him and made the big play — in this case a three to send Game 5 to overtime. Where the Spurs prevailed and made the series 3-2 Memphis.
Memphis defends this play well — San Antonio clearly wants to go to George Hill in the corner, but that is covered. Neal gets the ball and needs to take a dribble to get a decent look.
But all that matters is it fell. And the Spurs are still alive and headed to Memphis for Game 6.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 0
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 6
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 15
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 24
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10