Apr 28, 2011, 8:18 AM EDT
The San Antonio Spurs are still alive in the playoffs right now, living to fight another day.
Thanks to Gary Neal. A rookie. He did what seemingly countless veteran Spurs have done before him and made the big play — in this case a three to send Game 5 to overtime. Where the Spurs prevailed and made the series 3-2 Memphis.
Memphis defends this play well — San Antonio clearly wants to go to George Hill in the corner, but that is covered. Neal gets the ball and needs to take a dribble to get a decent look.
But all that matters is it fell. And the Spurs are still alive and headed to Memphis for Game 6.
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 6
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 32
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 12