Apr 28, 2011, 8:18 AM EDT
The San Antonio Spurs are still alive in the playoffs right now, living to fight another day.
Thanks to Gary Neal. A rookie. He did what seemingly countless veteran Spurs have done before him and made the big play — in this case a three to send Game 5 to overtime. Where the Spurs prevailed and made the series 3-2 Memphis.
Memphis defends this play well — San Antonio clearly wants to go to George Hill in the corner, but that is covered. Neal gets the ball and needs to take a dribble to get a decent look.
But all that matters is it fell. And the Spurs are still alive and headed to Memphis for Game 6.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 11
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 6
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 32
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2