Apr 27, 2011, 4:01 PM EST
Now we return to Shaq Watch 2011… and still no sign of the big man.
He did not practice Wednesday and will not Thursday according to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England on twitter. That does leave open the chance that he practices on Friday and will be ready to go Sunday, but do you want to bet on that?
Things are getting serious because the Miami Heat loom starting on Sunday (unless Philly can extend the series to seven games, which is not happening), and we have still seen just five minutes of Shaquille O’Neal since Feb. 1 due to Achilles and calf issues. This round the Celtics are going to be able to exploit his ability to score in the post, they need him back.
The Celtics were simply a much more efficient team on offense when Shaq was paired with the Big Four (Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Rajon Rondo). While the Celtics got quality play out of Jermaine O’Neal in the first round sweep of the Knicks, the Celtics are going to need more out of the center position to get out of the second round.
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 14
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 9
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 50
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28