Apr 27, 2011, 4:01 PM EDT
Now we return to Shaq Watch 2011… and still no sign of the big man.
He did not practice Wednesday and will not Thursday according to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England on twitter. That does leave open the chance that he practices on Friday and will be ready to go Sunday, but do you want to bet on that?
Things are getting serious because the Miami Heat loom starting on Sunday (unless Philly can extend the series to seven games, which is not happening), and we have still seen just five minutes of Shaquille O’Neal since Feb. 1 due to Achilles and calf issues. This round the Celtics are going to be able to exploit his ability to score in the post, they need him back.
The Celtics were simply a much more efficient team on offense when Shaq was paired with the Big Four (Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Rajon Rondo). While the Celtics got quality play out of Jermaine O’Neal in the first round sweep of the Knicks, the Celtics are going to need more out of the center position to get out of the second round.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36