Apr 27, 2011, 10:39 AM EDT
Carlos Boozer played just jut 15:31 on Tuesday night, and it wasn’t just because the Bulls were closing out the Pacers in a blowout win.
Boozer suffered a turf toe injury during the game, something that likely will linger into the second round, reports ESPN Chicago.
“I just went up for a shot, the one I made in the second quarter, early in the second quarter, and felt a pop,” Boozer said after the game. “I’m just going to get it right. It’s a good thing we got some time before the next [series].”
Turf toe — a damaging of the ligaments around the base of the big toe — is one of those injuries that can linger for a couple of weeks.
As Boozer noted, the good news is the NBA announced that the Bulls second round series — whether against Atlanta or Orlando — will not begin until next Monday.
Boozer wasn’t having a very good first round series against the Pacers even before he was injured. He averaged 10 points per game on 35.8 percent shooting. His turnovers were up and he was in seemingly constant foul trouble.
The Bulls will need more out of him — he can be a very tough matchup — as the playoffs move on. This turf toe could play a role in that.
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 0
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 7
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 5
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 5
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1