Apr 26, 2011, 10:53 PM EDT
You know that phone call you missed today? The one where you looked at your cell and didn’t recognize the number so you sent it to voice mail?
That was Rockets GM Daryl Morey calling to schedule you for an interview for the Houston head coaching job. We’re not kidding. He seems to be literally interviewing everyone.
We told you this morning that pretty much every assistant coach you can name and a few whose names you can’t pronounce — hello Mike Budenholzer — was getting interviewed for the Rockets job.
Now we can add two names you do know to the list: Kevin McHale (the former Timberwolves head coach and GM) and Sam Cassell. That according to Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo.
Not sure what to make of this other than Morey is leaving no stone unturned in his search for a new head coach. And next time you don’t recognize the number, pick up.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36