Apr 26, 2011, 10:53 PM EDT
You know that phone call you missed today? The one where you looked at your cell and didn’t recognize the number so you sent it to voice mail?
That was Rockets GM Daryl Morey calling to schedule you for an interview for the Houston head coaching job. We’re not kidding. He seems to be literally interviewing everyone.
We told you this morning that pretty much every assistant coach you can name and a few whose names you can’t pronounce — hello Mike Budenholzer — was getting interviewed for the Rockets job.
Now we can add two names you do know to the list: Kevin McHale (the former Timberwolves head coach and GM) and Sam Cassell. That according to Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo.
Not sure what to make of this other than Morey is leaving no stone unturned in his search for a new head coach. And next time you don’t recognize the number, pick up.
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 3
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 12
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5