Apr 26, 2011, 10:53 PM EST
You know that phone call you missed today? The one where you looked at your cell and didn’t recognize the number so you sent it to voice mail?
That was Rockets GM Daryl Morey calling to schedule you for an interview for the Houston head coaching job. We’re not kidding. He seems to be literally interviewing everyone.
We told you this morning that pretty much every assistant coach you can name and a few whose names you can’t pronounce — hello Mike Budenholzer — was getting interviewed for the Rockets job.
Now we can add two names you do know to the list: Kevin McHale (the former Timberwolves head coach and GM) and Sam Cassell. That according to Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo.
Not sure what to make of this other than Morey is leaving no stone unturned in his search for a new head coach. And next time you don’t recognize the number, pick up.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30