Apr 26, 2011, 10:53 PM EDT
You know that phone call you missed today? The one where you looked at your cell and didn’t recognize the number so you sent it to voice mail?
That was Rockets GM Daryl Morey calling to schedule you for an interview for the Houston head coaching job. We’re not kidding. He seems to be literally interviewing everyone.
We told you this morning that pretty much every assistant coach you can name and a few whose names you can’t pronounce — hello Mike Budenholzer — was getting interviewed for the Rockets job.
Now we can add two names you do know to the list: Kevin McHale (the former Timberwolves head coach and GM) and Sam Cassell. That according to Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo.
Not sure what to make of this other than Morey is leaving no stone unturned in his search for a new head coach. And next time you don’t recognize the number, pick up.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 0
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16