Apr 25, 2011, 11:01 AM EDT
This is what the screwed up politics of the Knicks front office does — neither Amar’e Stoudemire or Carmelo Anthony would really say anything about Donnie Walsh and Mike D’Antoni. That’s not because they don’t like them, it’s fear of crossing an owner nobody can predict. And it’s not a good thing.
Gilbert Arenas had 20 points in Game 4, another Magic loss. He played and scored because he was the only guard attacking. Which gets at the heart of issues in Orlando — in their 2009 run to the finals guys did create their own shots outside of Howard doing everything.
Interesting interview with the Jazz brain trust. They are not changing how business is done in Utah.
This is a weak NBA Draft coming up, which leads to an interesting argument by ESPN’s David Thorpe (behind the ESPN pay wall): In this draft you do draft for need. Usually the preferred theory among teams and GMs is to draft the best player out there and collect talent, but if the talent isn’t all that then get stuff that fits better.
Larry Brown would like to get back into coaching. I know, you’re stunned.
Sign of things to come — the Lakers are letting three members of their training staff go after the season. Why? Because they don’t want to pay them when there will not be players to work with in the fall when the lockout causes games to be missed. I want to be optimistic about a solution being found, but all around teams and players are preparing for a siege.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29