Apr 25, 2011, 11:01 AM EDT
This is what the screwed up politics of the Knicks front office does — neither Amar’e Stoudemire or Carmelo Anthony would really say anything about Donnie Walsh and Mike D’Antoni. That’s not because they don’t like them, it’s fear of crossing an owner nobody can predict. And it’s not a good thing.
Gilbert Arenas had 20 points in Game 4, another Magic loss. He played and scored because he was the only guard attacking. Which gets at the heart of issues in Orlando — in their 2009 run to the finals guys did create their own shots outside of Howard doing everything.
Interesting interview with the Jazz brain trust. They are not changing how business is done in Utah.
This is a weak NBA Draft coming up, which leads to an interesting argument by ESPN’s David Thorpe (behind the ESPN pay wall): In this draft you do draft for need. Usually the preferred theory among teams and GMs is to draft the best player out there and collect talent, but if the talent isn’t all that then get stuff that fits better.
Larry Brown would like to get back into coaching. I know, you’re stunned.
Sign of things to come — the Lakers are letting three members of their training staff go after the season. Why? Because they don’t want to pay them when there will not be players to work with in the fall when the lockout causes games to be missed. I want to be optimistic about a solution being found, but all around teams and players are preparing for a siege.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18