Apr 25, 2011, 10:58 PM EDT
As if you thought Derrick Rose was not going to play to close out the first round…
Rose had an X-ray and an MRI, both of which came up negative, so he made it clear to Aggrey Sam of CSN Chicago exactly how this was going down, including the needle.
“It’s not broken, so I’m definitely playing,” said Rose. “It’s the playoffs. The only thing you can do is take a shot and see how it feels.
“After I take the shot, I shouldn’t feel anything, so hopefully I can go out there and perform,” he continued. “It’s getting better every day. I’ve been getting treatment on it the last couple of days. Hopefully, it’ll be ready [Tuesday].”
Rose was out of the walking boot and was in flip flops. When the Bulls win Tuesday the Pacers players can spend the rest of the summer in flip-flops.
After the win Chicago should be off until the weekend, when the second round starts. That’s some extra days for therapy and rest so he can be ready to go against Atlanta… wow, Atlanta. Did not see that coming, did we?
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 38
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 14
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 29
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64