Apr 25, 2011, 10:58 PM EDT
As if you thought Derrick Rose was not going to play to close out the first round…
Rose had an X-ray and an MRI, both of which came up negative, so he made it clear to Aggrey Sam of CSN Chicago exactly how this was going down, including the needle.
“It’s not broken, so I’m definitely playing,” said Rose. “It’s the playoffs. The only thing you can do is take a shot and see how it feels.
“After I take the shot, I shouldn’t feel anything, so hopefully I can go out there and perform,” he continued. “It’s getting better every day. I’ve been getting treatment on it the last couple of days. Hopefully, it’ll be ready [Tuesday].”
Rose was out of the walking boot and was in flip flops. When the Bulls win Tuesday the Pacers players can spend the rest of the summer in flip-flops.
After the win Chicago should be off until the weekend, when the second round starts. That’s some extra days for therapy and rest so he can be ready to go against Atlanta… wow, Atlanta. Did not see that coming, did we?
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25