Apr 24, 2011, 10:10 AM EST
Injuries are not what led to the now inevitable end to the Knicks season at the hands of the Celtics in the first round. But it did speed the process along.
Point guard Chauncey Billups is almost certainly out for Game 4 and Amar’e Stoudemire may join him on the bench.
Stoudemire’s back tightened up on Saturday after he played 33 minutes — looking stiff when he moved — on Friday night and may not go Sunday, reports our man Howard Beck in the New York Times.
“It’s a strained back muscle,” he said. “So there’s a chance of straining it more, there’s a chance of overcompensating and having another injury. So there’s definitely some risks of playing with a strained back. And I’m not sure we want to take that risk right now when we have such a great future ahead of us.”
Billups told the New York Daily News he was “praying for a miracle” so he could play Sunday.
- Heat come from 15 down to even season series with Pacers 19
- Report: At the moment, Lakers no longer considering trading Pau gasol 10
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 6
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 6
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 5
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)