Apr 24, 2011, 10:10 AM EDT
Injuries are not what led to the now inevitable end to the Knicks season at the hands of the Celtics in the first round. But it did speed the process along.
Point guard Chauncey Billups is almost certainly out for Game 4 and Amar’e Stoudemire may join him on the bench.
Stoudemire’s back tightened up on Saturday after he played 33 minutes — looking stiff when he moved — on Friday night and may not go Sunday, reports our man Howard Beck in the New York Times.
“It’s a strained back muscle,” he said. “So there’s a chance of straining it more, there’s a chance of overcompensating and having another injury. So there’s definitely some risks of playing with a strained back. And I’m not sure we want to take that risk right now when we have such a great future ahead of us.”
Billups told the New York Daily News he was “praying for a miracle” so he could play Sunday.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30