Apr 22, 2011, 3:21 PM EST
Welcome back to Shaq Watch 2011…
Shaquille O’Neal has traveled with the team, he is in New York where maybe the bright lights will inspire him. But not for Game 3 Friday. He is out for that.
Our man A. Sherrod Blakely from Comcast New England caught up with Shaq, but he wasn’t in the mood for a conversation.
“I don’t want to talk. Let the players talk. I’m just trying to get back,” O’Neal said as he left the floor following Friday morning’s shoot-around.
The fact that the 39-year-old is with the team on the road is a signal that O’Neal’s health is improving. Although he is with the team for Games 3 and 4, Rivers said he’s definitely out for tonight’s Game 3 matchup and is doubtful for Game 4 on Sunday.
“He’s just feeling better,” Rivers said. “He’s close. I don’t know what he needs to show me. He’s not ready to play yet, but he’s getting closer. The fact that he’s getting closer, you bring him on the road.”
If the Knicks win Friday night, the odds you see Shaq in Game 4 or Game 5 goes up.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6