Apr 22, 2011, 3:21 PM EDT
Welcome back to Shaq Watch 2011…
Shaquille O’Neal has traveled with the team, he is in New York where maybe the bright lights will inspire him. But not for Game 3 Friday. He is out for that.
Our man A. Sherrod Blakely from Comcast New England caught up with Shaq, but he wasn’t in the mood for a conversation.
“I don’t want to talk. Let the players talk. I’m just trying to get back,” O’Neal said as he left the floor following Friday morning’s shoot-around.
The fact that the 39-year-old is with the team on the road is a signal that O’Neal’s health is improving. Although he is with the team for Games 3 and 4, Rivers said he’s definitely out for tonight’s Game 3 matchup and is doubtful for Game 4 on Sunday.
“He’s just feeling better,” Rivers said. “He’s close. I don’t know what he needs to show me. He’s not ready to play yet, but he’s getting closer. The fact that he’s getting closer, you bring him on the road.”
If the Knicks win Friday night, the odds you see Shaq in Game 4 or Game 5 goes up.
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 0
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 33
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 21
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1