Apr 22, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
I’m not going to do it. You insert your own jokes about LeBron James urinating during this post. I will not take part in your juvenile game. Much.
During these playoffs, as he has done for years during the playoffs, LeBron James strives to drink a gallon of water a day. So you know what that means (insert your first joke here) — proper hydration.
Brian Windhorst spells it out for us at ESPN’s Heat Index.
James has a new sidekick these days — a gallon jug filled with water that he tugs around just about wherever he goes. James vows to drink those fluids every day during the playoffs, usually before practices, and even after games start. It is a routine he began several years ago in the postseason, an effort to increase hydration.
“Playoff sweat is different than regular season sweat,” James said Thursday morning as he grabbed his jug, by then about 60 percent empty, on his way to the Heat’s bus following shootaround at the Wells Fargo Center.
“It’s not always easy to drink it all but I think it helps.”
James says he starts drinking the water at about 9 a.m. and wants to have it finished by the time he gets on the bus to head over to the arena. That’s before drinking water, sports drinks and recovery drinks during the and after the game. The idea is that the extra fluids will help recovery and increase stamina.
Those extra fluids will also increase (insert your second joke here).
Really, this is pretty smart. We could all use to drink more water. Did you drink eight glasses today? No, the water in beer does not count. Just glasses of water. Do it. It would be good for your body. And you can be more like LeBron James — by missing game introductions so you can be in the bathroom.
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 1
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 23