Apr 22, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
I’m not going to do it. You insert your own jokes about LeBron James urinating during this post. I will not take part in your juvenile game. Much.
During these playoffs, as he has done for years during the playoffs, LeBron James strives to drink a gallon of water a day. So you know what that means (insert your first joke here) — proper hydration.
Brian Windhorst spells it out for us at ESPN’s Heat Index.
James has a new sidekick these days — a gallon jug filled with water that he tugs around just about wherever he goes. James vows to drink those fluids every day during the playoffs, usually before practices, and even after games start. It is a routine he began several years ago in the postseason, an effort to increase hydration.
“Playoff sweat is different than regular season sweat,” James said Thursday morning as he grabbed his jug, by then about 60 percent empty, on his way to the Heat’s bus following shootaround at the Wells Fargo Center.
“It’s not always easy to drink it all but I think it helps.”
James says he starts drinking the water at about 9 a.m. and wants to have it finished by the time he gets on the bus to head over to the arena. That’s before drinking water, sports drinks and recovery drinks during the and after the game. The idea is that the extra fluids will help recovery and increase stamina.
Those extra fluids will also increase (insert your second joke here).
Really, this is pretty smart. We could all use to drink more water. Did you drink eight glasses today? No, the water in beer does not count. Just glasses of water. Do it. It would be good for your body. And you can be more like LeBron James — by missing game introductions so you can be in the bathroom.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 1
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31