Apr 22, 2011, 1:27 PM EST
I’m not going to do it. You insert your own jokes about LeBron James urinating during this post. I will not take part in your juvenile game. Much.
During these playoffs, as he has done for years during the playoffs, LeBron James strives to drink a gallon of water a day. So you know what that means (insert your first joke here) — proper hydration.
Brian Windhorst spells it out for us at ESPN’s Heat Index.
James has a new sidekick these days — a gallon jug filled with water that he tugs around just about wherever he goes. James vows to drink those fluids every day during the playoffs, usually before practices, and even after games start. It is a routine he began several years ago in the postseason, an effort to increase hydration.
“Playoff sweat is different than regular season sweat,” James said Thursday morning as he grabbed his jug, by then about 60 percent empty, on his way to the Heat’s bus following shootaround at the Wells Fargo Center.
“It’s not always easy to drink it all but I think it helps.”
James says he starts drinking the water at about 9 a.m. and wants to have it finished by the time he gets on the bus to head over to the arena. That’s before drinking water, sports drinks and recovery drinks during the and after the game. The idea is that the extra fluids will help recovery and increase stamina.
Those extra fluids will also increase (insert your second joke here).
Really, this is pretty smart. We could all use to drink more water. Did you drink eight glasses today? No, the water in beer does not count. Just glasses of water. Do it. It would be good for your body. And you can be more like LeBron James — by missing game introductions so you can be in the bathroom.
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 0
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 1
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 4
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 24
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33