Apr 22, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
Come on Portland, this is why we love Mark Cuban.
You want another faceless owner who sits in a luxury box with his friends and views the team as an investment? We need passionate, committed owners. Ones willing to sit with the fans and tell them what is on their mind.
Cuban was sitting near courtside at the Rose Garden and during the fourth quarter got into a little verbal sparing match with some Blazers fans in his section. Then some idiot threw a projectile that hit Cuban, reports ESPNDallas.
“I don’t know what it was, but something hit me in the face,” said Cuban, who encouraged fans to boo him more by putting his hand by his ear.
Rose Garden officials put some extra security in the area and that was the end of it.
But come on idiot Portland fan (and we’re talking to the one that threw something, not the lot of you). It’s a game and Cuban’s a fun owner. Don’t be an idiot.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 12
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 15
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2