Apr 22, 2011, 9:50 AM EST
Come on Portland, this is why we love Mark Cuban.
You want another faceless owner who sits in a luxury box with his friends and views the team as an investment? We need passionate, committed owners. Ones willing to sit with the fans and tell them what is on their mind.
Cuban was sitting near courtside at the Rose Garden and during the fourth quarter got into a little verbal sparing match with some Blazers fans in his section. Then some idiot threw a projectile that hit Cuban, reports ESPNDallas.
“I don’t know what it was, but something hit me in the face,” said Cuban, who encouraged fans to boo him more by putting his hand by his ear.
Rose Garden officials put some extra security in the area and that was the end of it.
But come on idiot Portland fan (and we’re talking to the one that threw something, not the lot of you). It’s a game and Cuban’s a fun owner. Don’t be an idiot.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13