Apr 22, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
Come on Portland, this is why we love Mark Cuban.
You want another faceless owner who sits in a luxury box with his friends and views the team as an investment? We need passionate, committed owners. Ones willing to sit with the fans and tell them what is on their mind.
Cuban was sitting near courtside at the Rose Garden and during the fourth quarter got into a little verbal sparing match with some Blazers fans in his section. Then some idiot threw a projectile that hit Cuban, reports ESPNDallas.
“I don’t know what it was, but something hit me in the face,” said Cuban, who encouraged fans to boo him more by putting his hand by his ear.
Rose Garden officials put some extra security in the area and that was the end of it.
But come on idiot Portland fan (and we’re talking to the one that threw something, not the lot of you). It’s a game and Cuban’s a fun owner. Don’t be an idiot.
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 0
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 16
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 30