Apr 22, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
Come on Portland, this is why we love Mark Cuban.
You want another faceless owner who sits in a luxury box with his friends and views the team as an investment? We need passionate, committed owners. Ones willing to sit with the fans and tell them what is on their mind.
Cuban was sitting near courtside at the Rose Garden and during the fourth quarter got into a little verbal sparing match with some Blazers fans in his section. Then some idiot threw a projectile that hit Cuban, reports ESPNDallas.
“I don’t know what it was, but something hit me in the face,” said Cuban, who encouraged fans to boo him more by putting his hand by his ear.
Rose Garden officials put some extra security in the area and that was the end of it.
But come on idiot Portland fan (and we’re talking to the one that threw something, not the lot of you). It’s a game and Cuban’s a fun owner. Don’t be an idiot.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29