Apr 21, 2011, 1:12 PM EDT
Ted Leonsis wants his teams in the nation’s capital adorned in national colors — he did it to the NHL’s Capitals, and we knew it was going to happen with the Wizards.
Thursday they made it official, according to CSN Washington.
“The updating of the Wizards brand has been a priority we have focused on with our partners at Adidas and the NBA league office for the better part of the past year and we look forward to the introduction of our new look on May 10,” said Wizards Executive Vice President of Business Operations Greg Bibb. “We are excited about the finished product and we are eager to share the new designs with our fans on a day where our proud past will meet our exciting future.”
It’s great that fans in Washington can spend the money on all new jerseys. Hopefully they get to see the players in them next season, rather than a lot of conversations between Billy Hunter and David Stern.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 12
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 5
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 9
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 100
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (100)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'