Apr 21, 2011, 1:12 PM EDT
Ted Leonsis wants his teams in the nation’s capital adorned in national colors — he did it to the NHL’s Capitals, and we knew it was going to happen with the Wizards.
Thursday they made it official, according to CSN Washington.
“The updating of the Wizards brand has been a priority we have focused on with our partners at Adidas and the NBA league office for the better part of the past year and we look forward to the introduction of our new look on May 10,” said Wizards Executive Vice President of Business Operations Greg Bibb. “We are excited about the finished product and we are eager to share the new designs with our fans on a day where our proud past will meet our exciting future.”
It’s great that fans in Washington can spend the money on all new jerseys. Hopefully they get to see the players in them next season, rather than a lot of conversations between Billy Hunter and David Stern.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 13
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8