Apr 21, 2011, 1:12 PM EDT
Ted Leonsis wants his teams in the nation’s capital adorned in national colors — he did it to the NHL’s Capitals, and we knew it was going to happen with the Wizards.
Thursday they made it official, according to CSN Washington.
“The updating of the Wizards brand has been a priority we have focused on with our partners at Adidas and the NBA league office for the better part of the past year and we look forward to the introduction of our new look on May 10,” said Wizards Executive Vice President of Business Operations Greg Bibb. “We are excited about the finished product and we are eager to share the new designs with our fans on a day where our proud past will meet our exciting future.”
It’s great that fans in Washington can spend the money on all new jerseys. Hopefully they get to see the players in them next season, rather than a lot of conversations between Billy Hunter and David Stern.
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 3
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 47