Apr 21, 2011, 10:09 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol combined to score 19 points on 5-of-20 shooting, but the Lakers still won Game 2 Wednesday night to even their series. Look at that picture to the right — Kobe and Gasol couldn’t even high-five well.
It shows why the Lakers are two-time defending champs. You think Miami wins if LeBron and Wade shoot like that? Thunder if Durant and Westbrook are off like that? How many teams have the depth to win a playoff game if their two leading scorers are off?
The Lakers do, which is why Phil Jackson and Kobe did not seem too worried about their down offensive night in this video of post-game discussions. Chris Paul says the same thing from another perspective.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15