Apr 21, 2011, 10:09 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol combined to score 19 points on 5-of-20 shooting, but the Lakers still won Game 2 Wednesday night to even their series. Look at that picture to the right — Kobe and Gasol couldn’t even high-five well.
It shows why the Lakers are two-time defending champs. You think Miami wins if LeBron and Wade shoot like that? Thunder if Durant and Westbrook are off like that? How many teams have the depth to win a playoff game if their two leading scorers are off?
The Lakers do, which is why Phil Jackson and Kobe did not seem too worried about their down offensive night in this video of post-game discussions. Chris Paul says the same thing from another perspective.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 25
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 76
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 16
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14