Apr 21, 2011, 10:09 AM EST
Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol combined to score 19 points on 5-of-20 shooting, but the Lakers still won Game 2 Wednesday night to even their series. Look at that picture to the right — Kobe and Gasol couldn’t even high-five well.
It shows why the Lakers are two-time defending champs. You think Miami wins if LeBron and Wade shoot like that? Thunder if Durant and Westbrook are off like that? How many teams have the depth to win a playoff game if their two leading scorers are off?
The Lakers do, which is why Phil Jackson and Kobe did not seem too worried about their down offensive night in this video of post-game discussions. Chris Paul says the same thing from another perspective.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13