Apr 21, 2011, 10:09 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol combined to score 19 points on 5-of-20 shooting, but the Lakers still won Game 2 Wednesday night to even their series. Look at that picture to the right — Kobe and Gasol couldn’t even high-five well.
It shows why the Lakers are two-time defending champs. You think Miami wins if LeBron and Wade shoot like that? Thunder if Durant and Westbrook are off like that? How many teams have the depth to win a playoff game if their two leading scorers are off?
The Lakers do, which is why Phil Jackson and Kobe did not seem too worried about their down offensive night in this video of post-game discussions. Chris Paul says the same thing from another perspective.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 78
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32