Apr 21, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Indiana has played Chicago tough. They’ve been in it. Now they head home for Game 3 Thursday night.
The question was would they be in it without Darren Collison, who sprained an ankle when he stepped back into the foot of a cameraman on the baseline last game.
Collison said it’ll be a game time decision, but believes he’ll play tonight
Coach Frank Vogel was more cautious, because coaches are that way. But the Pacers need Collison — their backup choice of A.J. Price has shot a lower percentage, given out far fewer assists (11 to 2) and turned the ball over more than the steady Collison. Put simply, Collison has been good and his backups have not.
The Pacers do not have much if any margin for error here. They need Collison. That or Price or T.J. Ford have to have a monster game… yea, better to count on Collison.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 23
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30