Apr 21, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Indiana has played Chicago tough. They’ve been in it. Now they head home for Game 3 Thursday night.
The question was would they be in it without Darren Collison, who sprained an ankle when he stepped back into the foot of a cameraman on the baseline last game.
Collison said it’ll be a game time decision, but believes he’ll play tonight
Coach Frank Vogel was more cautious, because coaches are that way. But the Pacers need Collison — their backup choice of A.J. Price has shot a lower percentage, given out far fewer assists (11 to 2) and turned the ball over more than the steady Collison. Put simply, Collison has been good and his backups have not.
The Pacers do not have much if any margin for error here. They need Collison. That or Price or T.J. Ford have to have a monster game… yea, better to count on Collison.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90