Apr 21, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
Indiana has played Chicago tough. They’ve been in it. Now they head home for Game 3 Thursday night.
The question was would they be in it without Darren Collison, who sprained an ankle when he stepped back into the foot of a cameraman on the baseline last game.
Collison said it’ll be a game time decision, but believes he’ll play tonight
Coach Frank Vogel was more cautious, because coaches are that way. But the Pacers need Collison — their backup choice of A.J. Price has shot a lower percentage, given out far fewer assists (11 to 2) and turned the ball over more than the steady Collison. Put simply, Collison has been good and his backups have not.
The Pacers do not have much if any margin for error here. They need Collison. That or Price or T.J. Ford have to have a monster game… yea, better to count on Collison.
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 14
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 7
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)