Apr 21, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
They are frustrated in Denver. They have not been able to solve the Oklahoma City Thunder puzzle and are now down 2-0 in their first round playoff series.
“There’s a strong possibility (he will sign elsewhere) as of right now,” Smith said. “It’s not going the way I planned it to go. It’s a tough situation. I want to be here, I love the fans and everything about the city. It’s just maybe not my fit.”
The Nuggets had a team meeting on Thursday and Smith said the team didn’t have “a pulse” as they regrouped at Pepsi Center.
“Just frustration, just really didn’t have any life in there,” Smith said. “No one was really into it.”
Smith played less than 7 minutes in Game 2 — he was 1-for-6 in a stretch at the end of the first quarter and beginning of the second when Denver was outscored by 16 and the Thunder pulled away for good. Smith never got n the floor in the second half.
So he’s frustrated. Good. If he were happy or even okay with how things have gone for Denver then we’d be talking a bigger problem.
But Smith’s agent should be telling him to be quiet. First off, Denver is a good fit and may be willing to pay more than other teams for Smith’s services (whenever we have a free agent signing period after the lockout). Well, maybe they were willing. This didn’t endear Smith to the Nuggets, questioning his team’s passion in the middle of a playoff series.
That and what team GM just read those quotes and said, “that’s a guy I want in my locker room, a guy who throws the team under the bus when faced with adversity.”
Nuggets fans, sorry. But do you want some good news?
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 0
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10