Apr 20, 2011, 5:48 PM EDT
As our own John Korlik said so well, freedom of speech is different from freedom from consequences. Kobe’s words had consequences. The slur he used is simply an unacceptable word to use in civilized society. He tried his best to own up to and apologize for his mistakes.
Part of that will be shown tonight — Kobe (with the help of his teammates) making a PSA about language. Is this in and of itself going to change a mind? Probably not. But if out of this some people have started to get the message, if the needle has moved a little bit, then this wasn’t all a waste.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 0
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 27
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28