Apr 20, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
It’s a debate as circular and weary as congressional budget battles (whichever party doesn’t have the president is suddenly filled with deficit hawks, not so much when there guy is in there).
Is Kobe Bryant clutch?
Other NBA players say yes. When polled by Sports Illustrated and asked to anonymously say who they would want taking the last shot, 74 percent of the 166 players surveyed said Kobe.
We’ve been down the road before showing you numbers that say Kobe is not as clutch as you think he is. He hits a lot of key shots, but he takes and misses a lot more. But then you get into how to define clutch. And questions like does leading a team to rings count as clutch?
Circular argument. I’d rather watch him, and just enjoy what he brings. Because he is one of the all-time greats and we are not going to have him around to wow us that much longer.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 75
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 22
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13