Apr 20, 2011, 10:43 AM EDT
Oliver Miller, who basically ate himself out of the NBA and whose work ethic was so poor as to get kicked off the Harlem Globetrotters, has always been the easy butt of jokes. I know, I once had him on a fantasy team.
Oliver Miller, 41, of Edgewater, was arrested after police were called out to a barbecue in Arnold, Md., for a report of an assault with a handgun, police said.
Miller wasn’t at the Birchrest Court home Sunday, when police arrived to the call. Police say they tracked him down based on eye witness accounts and a 9MM GLOCK magazine that was left behind at the scene.
“Miller is charged with First and Second Degree Assault, Reckless Endangerment, Having a Handgun on Person, Using a Handgun in a Violent Crime, Possessing a Handgun in a Vehicle, Disorderly Conduct and other related charges,” police said.
Like I said, not funny. So I’m not going to make the joke about the victim getting between him and the food. Oops….
Miller spent 9 seasons in the NBA and showed some skill and promise during his first couple years with Phoenix and Detroit. But after that things went down as Miller’s weight went up.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4