Apr 20, 2011, 10:43 AM EST
Oliver Miller, who basically ate himself out of the NBA and whose work ethic was so poor as to get kicked off the Harlem Globetrotters, has always been the easy butt of jokes. I know, I once had him on a fantasy team.
Oliver Miller, 41, of Edgewater, was arrested after police were called out to a barbecue in Arnold, Md., for a report of an assault with a handgun, police said.
Miller wasn’t at the Birchrest Court home Sunday, when police arrived to the call. Police say they tracked him down based on eye witness accounts and a 9MM GLOCK magazine that was left behind at the scene.
“Miller is charged with First and Second Degree Assault, Reckless Endangerment, Having a Handgun on Person, Using a Handgun in a Violent Crime, Possessing a Handgun in a Vehicle, Disorderly Conduct and other related charges,” police said.
Like I said, not funny. So I’m not going to make the joke about the victim getting between him and the food. Oops….
Miller spent 9 seasons in the NBA and showed some skill and promise during his first couple years with Phoenix and Detroit. But after that things went down as Miller’s weight went up.
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 0
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 7
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5