Apr 20, 2011, 10:43 AM EDT
Oliver Miller, who basically ate himself out of the NBA and whose work ethic was so poor as to get kicked off the Harlem Globetrotters, has always been the easy butt of jokes. I know, I once had him on a fantasy team.
Oliver Miller, 41, of Edgewater, was arrested after police were called out to a barbecue in Arnold, Md., for a report of an assault with a handgun, police said.
Miller wasn’t at the Birchrest Court home Sunday, when police arrived to the call. Police say they tracked him down based on eye witness accounts and a 9MM GLOCK magazine that was left behind at the scene.
“Miller is charged with First and Second Degree Assault, Reckless Endangerment, Having a Handgun on Person, Using a Handgun in a Violent Crime, Possessing a Handgun in a Vehicle, Disorderly Conduct and other related charges,” police said.
Like I said, not funny. So I’m not going to make the joke about the victim getting between him and the food. Oops….
Miller spent 9 seasons in the NBA and showed some skill and promise during his first couple years with Phoenix and Detroit. But after that things went down as Miller’s weight went up.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 3
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 9
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 29
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6