Apr 20, 2011, 10:43 AM EDT
Oliver Miller, who basically ate himself out of the NBA and whose work ethic was so poor as to get kicked off the Harlem Globetrotters, has always been the easy butt of jokes. I know, I once had him on a fantasy team.
Oliver Miller, 41, of Edgewater, was arrested after police were called out to a barbecue in Arnold, Md., for a report of an assault with a handgun, police said.
Miller wasn’t at the Birchrest Court home Sunday, when police arrived to the call. Police say they tracked him down based on eye witness accounts and a 9MM GLOCK magazine that was left behind at the scene.
“Miller is charged with First and Second Degree Assault, Reckless Endangerment, Having a Handgun on Person, Using a Handgun in a Violent Crime, Possessing a Handgun in a Vehicle, Disorderly Conduct and other related charges,” police said.
Like I said, not funny. So I’m not going to make the joke about the victim getting between him and the food. Oops….
Miller spent 9 seasons in the NBA and showed some skill and promise during his first couple years with Phoenix and Detroit. But after that things went down as Miller’s weight went up.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 2
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8