Apr 19, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
According to the Associated Press, Indiana Pacers starting guard Darren Collison “expects to play” in game three of the Pacers-Bulls series. Collison suffered a sprained ankle in the second quarter of Monday’s game, and missed the rest of the game. Collison recorded 17 points and 9 assists in game one, and recorded eight points and two assists in his 15 minutes of play in game two.
Pacers coach Frank Vogel said he is approaching game three as if Collison won’t play, which would be a huge loss for the Pacers. Collison isn’t nearly as good as Derrick Rose, obviously, but his speed and shooting range has forced Rose to work on defense, which is a big advantage for the Pacers. The Pacers are down 2-o, and game three is a virtual must-win for them. It will be hard enough for them to come back with Collison in the lineup; without him, it will be nearly impossible.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 5
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 37
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?