Apr 19, 2011, 8:43 PM EDT
Considering how banged up the Knicks are suddenly, they are hanging right in this series (for the first six quarters anyway).
Amar’e Stoudemire — the Knicks best, and really only, good player in the fourth quarter of Game 1 — left Game 2 with back spasms. He was expected to return but did not come out with the team for the second half to stay in the locker room and receive treatment.
Stoudemire was clearly bothered and shot 2-of-9 before leaving the game. We will update his status when we know more.
Chauncey Billups was never expected to play and A. Sherrod Blakely at CSN New England reports that he will have an MRI on Wednesday. Tina Cervasio with MSG Network reports Billups was walking much better, but still he did not go and is going to have a big expensive test. So everything is still worth watching.
The Knicks need both of those guys on board to really stand a chance in this series over seven games. Already in the third quarter the Celtics have been heavily Carmelo Anthony focused and basically daring anyone else to beat them.
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 20
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 25
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 61
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 38
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 31