Apr 19, 2011, 8:43 PM EDT
Considering how banged up the Knicks are suddenly, they are hanging right in this series (for the first six quarters anyway).
Amar’e Stoudemire — the Knicks best, and really only, good player in the fourth quarter of Game 1 — left Game 2 with back spasms. He was expected to return but did not come out with the team for the second half to stay in the locker room and receive treatment.
Stoudemire was clearly bothered and shot 2-of-9 before leaving the game. We will update his status when we know more.
Chauncey Billups was never expected to play and A. Sherrod Blakely at CSN New England reports that he will have an MRI on Wednesday. Tina Cervasio with MSG Network reports Billups was walking much better, but still he did not go and is going to have a big expensive test. So everything is still worth watching.
The Knicks need both of those guys on board to really stand a chance in this series over seven games. Already in the third quarter the Celtics have been heavily Carmelo Anthony focused and basically daring anyone else to beat them.
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 3
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 0
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 22
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0