Apr 19, 2011, 2:10 PM EDT
We bring a brief musical interlude to your day.
Somehow, “Go New York Go” has become sort of a Knicks anthem despite being pretty much a musical marshmallow. As opposed to Los Angeles, which uses the very sarcastic Randy Newman “I Love L.A.” as a theme song (for the record, nobody loves Victory Boulevard), but that’s another issue. Boston with the Dropkick Murphy’s has it right.
Anyway, back to New York. Thanks to our man Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie (who found and ranked all the painful versions of this song online, there are many), we watched the 2011 Swizz Beatz remix version of “Go New York Go” today with Amar’e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony. Then thanks to the glory of YouTube watched the original 1994 version.
Now we bring them both to you — which one do you like better. I’m down with 1994, but that’s in part because we have such fond musical memories of 1994 thanks to Ace of Base.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13