Apr 18, 2011, 8:50 AM EST
You expect this kind of thing from Ray Allen. I’m not sure of the exact number, but I think Sunday was clutch game winning three number 142,684 in his career.
But Shane Battier is a little quieter, a guy better known for his defense than clutch shooting. He’s a career 38 percent shooter from three but he had hit just 33 percent since coming over the Memphis mid-season.
But both drained the clutch three to give their team the win. And here is the video of both shots. You have got to love the NBA playoffs.
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 4
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 7
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 5
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)