Apr 18, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
You expect this kind of thing from Ray Allen. I’m not sure of the exact number, but I think Sunday was clutch game winning three number 142,684 in his career.
But Shane Battier is a little quieter, a guy better known for his defense than clutch shooting. He’s a career 38 percent shooter from three but he had hit just 33 percent since coming over the Memphis mid-season.
But both drained the clutch three to give their team the win. And here is the video of both shots. You have got to love the NBA playoffs.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 36
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 44
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 20
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 57
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7