Apr 18, 2011, 9:45 AM EST
There have been plenty of players saying they would consider playing in Europe if the NBA lockout that is coming this summer drags out into 2012. A lot of those you may not want to take seriously.
The Spurs Tony Parker going back to play in his native France? That you should take seriously.
“If the conflict lasts, I think I’ll go and play in France so that my fans can see me up close. I could really progress abroad in a big Euroleague team, but I do not want that. I already had my glory and titles. If the lockout lasts, I will probably go to play to Villeurbanne.”
He has clearly put some thought into this. As the lockout drags out it will be interesting to see what players start getting restless and make a move.
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 1
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 17
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 8
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 32
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 31