Apr 18, 2011, 9:45 AM EDT
There have been plenty of players saying they would consider playing in Europe if the NBA lockout that is coming this summer drags out into 2012. A lot of those you may not want to take seriously.
The Spurs Tony Parker going back to play in his native France? That you should take seriously.
“If the conflict lasts, I think I’ll go and play in France so that my fans can see me up close. I could really progress abroad in a big Euroleague team, but I do not want that. I already had my glory and titles. If the lockout lasts, I will probably go to play to Villeurbanne.”
He has clearly put some thought into this. As the lockout drags out it will be interesting to see what players start getting restless and make a move.
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 0
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 14
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16