Apr 18, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
This isn’t a shock — the Celtics said he was out “indefinitely” and that usually means more than one game — but we thought we’d pass along the news:
Shaquille O’Neal did not practice with the Celtics Monday and it out for sure for Tuesday’s Game 2, according to a tweet from A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England.
Boston won Game 1 on a dramatic Ray Allen three, and they got the best game they have this season out of Jermaine O’Neal in the paint. That’s not something Boston can count on nightly.
What they’ve got will work this series, but the Celtics need Shaq back because if (or really when, sorry Knicks fans) they advance, the Celtics are going to have a tougher time moving on without their best big man.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29