Apr 18, 2011, 3:50 PM EST
This isn’t a shock — the Celtics said he was out “indefinitely” and that usually means more than one game — but we thought we’d pass along the news:
Shaquille O’Neal did not practice with the Celtics Monday and it out for sure for Tuesday’s Game 2, according to a tweet from A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England.
Boston won Game 1 on a dramatic Ray Allen three, and they got the best game they have this season out of Jermaine O’Neal in the paint. That’s not something Boston can count on nightly.
What they’ve got will work this series, but the Celtics need Shaq back because if (or really when, sorry Knicks fans) they advance, the Celtics are going to have a tougher time moving on without their best big man.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 3
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 11
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 25
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20