Apr 18, 2011, 3:50 PM EST
This isn’t a shock — the Celtics said he was out “indefinitely” and that usually means more than one game — but we thought we’d pass along the news:
Shaquille O’Neal did not practice with the Celtics Monday and it out for sure for Tuesday’s Game 2, according to a tweet from A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England.
Boston won Game 1 on a dramatic Ray Allen three, and they got the best game they have this season out of Jermaine O’Neal in the paint. That’s not something Boston can count on nightly.
What they’ve got will work this series, but the Celtics need Shaq back because if (or really when, sorry Knicks fans) they advance, the Celtics are going to have a tougher time moving on without their best big man.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 4
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41