Apr 18, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
This isn’t a shock — the Celtics said he was out “indefinitely” and that usually means more than one game — but we thought we’d pass along the news:
Shaquille O’Neal did not practice with the Celtics Monday and it out for sure for Tuesday’s Game 2, according to a tweet from A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England.
Boston won Game 1 on a dramatic Ray Allen three, and they got the best game they have this season out of Jermaine O’Neal in the paint. That’s not something Boston can count on nightly.
What they’ve got will work this series, but the Celtics need Shaq back because if (or really when, sorry Knicks fans) they advance, the Celtics are going to have a tougher time moving on without their best big man.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 5
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 9
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 22
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32