Apr 18, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
This isn’t a shock — the Celtics said he was out “indefinitely” and that usually means more than one game — but we thought we’d pass along the news:
Shaquille O’Neal did not practice with the Celtics Monday and it out for sure for Tuesday’s Game 2, according to a tweet from A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England.
Boston won Game 1 on a dramatic Ray Allen three, and they got the best game they have this season out of Jermaine O’Neal in the paint. That’s not something Boston can count on nightly.
What they’ve got will work this series, but the Celtics need Shaq back because if (or really when, sorry Knicks fans) they advance, the Celtics are going to have a tougher time moving on without their best big man.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10