Apr 18, 2011, 11:53 PM EDT
As if things were not challenging enough in this series for the Indiana Pacers….
Late in the second quarter the Pacers starting point guard Darren Collison rolled his ankle when he stepped on the foot of a camera man out of bounds along the baseline in what was a fluke accident. Collison sat out the rest of the first half and tried to come out and warm up for the second the half but could not go.
Collison has been one of the keys for an eight-seed Pacers team that has hung right with the top-seed Chicago Bulls in this series. Collison has used his quickness to attack Derrick Rose and has made plays. He had 8 points on 2-of-5 shooting when he injured himself. He has 17 points and 9 assists in the first game of the series.
We don’t know the severity of the injury. If this were the regular season we’d guess he might miss a week or two (at least) but in the playoffs he’ll go as soon as he can tollerate the pain.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30