Apr 18, 2011, 11:53 PM EDT
As if things were not challenging enough in this series for the Indiana Pacers….
Late in the second quarter the Pacers starting point guard Darren Collison rolled his ankle when he stepped on the foot of a camera man out of bounds along the baseline in what was a fluke accident. Collison sat out the rest of the first half and tried to come out and warm up for the second the half but could not go.
Collison has been one of the keys for an eight-seed Pacers team that has hung right with the top-seed Chicago Bulls in this series. Collison has used his quickness to attack Derrick Rose and has made plays. He had 8 points on 2-of-5 shooting when he injured himself. He has 17 points and 9 assists in the first game of the series.
We don’t know the severity of the injury. If this were the regular season we’d guess he might miss a week or two (at least) but in the playoffs he’ll go as soon as he can tollerate the pain.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41