Apr 18, 2011, 11:53 PM EDT
As if things were not challenging enough in this series for the Indiana Pacers….
Late in the second quarter the Pacers starting point guard Darren Collison rolled his ankle when he stepped on the foot of a camera man out of bounds along the baseline in what was a fluke accident. Collison sat out the rest of the first half and tried to come out and warm up for the second the half but could not go.
Collison has been one of the keys for an eight-seed Pacers team that has hung right with the top-seed Chicago Bulls in this series. Collison has used his quickness to attack Derrick Rose and has made plays. He had 8 points on 2-of-5 shooting when he injured himself. He has 17 points and 9 assists in the first game of the series.
We don’t know the severity of the injury. If this were the regular season we’d guess he might miss a week or two (at least) but in the playoffs he’ll go as soon as he can tollerate the pain.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37