Apr 18, 2011, 11:53 PM EST
As if things were not challenging enough in this series for the Indiana Pacers….
Late in the second quarter the Pacers starting point guard Darren Collison rolled his ankle when he stepped on the foot of a camera man out of bounds along the baseline in what was a fluke accident. Collison sat out the rest of the first half and tried to come out and warm up for the second the half but could not go.
Collison has been one of the keys for an eight-seed Pacers team that has hung right with the top-seed Chicago Bulls in this series. Collison has used his quickness to attack Derrick Rose and has made plays. He had 8 points on 2-of-5 shooting when he injured himself. He has 17 points and 9 assists in the first game of the series.
We don’t know the severity of the injury. If this were the regular season we’d guess he might miss a week or two (at least) but in the playoffs he’ll go as soon as he can tollerate the pain.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 0
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 4
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8