Apr 18, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
UPDATE 12:20 pm: Billups sat out practice and Mike D’Antoni called him “very questionable” for Game 2 Tuesday, night, according to a tweet from Alan Hahn of Newsday.
That could be real trouble for the Knicks. In that game and in the series.
Billups landed awkwardly and tweaked his knee with just 50 seconds left in what was at the time a tie game Sunday and went straight to the locker room not to return. What he told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England is that he could miss time.
“My knee just kind of buckled,” Billups told CSNNE.com shortly after the game. “I’m not really sure what really happened.”
Billups later told reporters that he “had no clue” if he would be able to play on Tuesday.
“We got a couple days, and I’ll just be treating it as long as I can,” Billups said.
Added Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni: “I know he’s hurting right now and we’ll find out (Monday), I guess. I don’t think it’s anything more than it’s going to hurt. If it hurts too much he can’t play, and if it doesn’t, he’ll be ready to go.”
In a series that looks to be entertaining and tightly contested, the presence of Billups could be huge. He is the 2004 finals MVP and has a reputation for hitting big shots.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61