Apr 18, 2011, 12:20 PM EST
UPDATE 12:20 pm: Billups sat out practice and Mike D’Antoni called him “very questionable” for Game 2 Tuesday, night, according to a tweet from Alan Hahn of Newsday.
That could be real trouble for the Knicks. In that game and in the series.
Billups landed awkwardly and tweaked his knee with just 50 seconds left in what was at the time a tie game Sunday and went straight to the locker room not to return. What he told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England is that he could miss time.
“My knee just kind of buckled,” Billups told CSNNE.com shortly after the game. “I’m not really sure what really happened.”
Billups later told reporters that he “had no clue” if he would be able to play on Tuesday.
“We got a couple days, and I’ll just be treating it as long as I can,” Billups said.
Added Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni: “I know he’s hurting right now and we’ll find out (Monday), I guess. I don’t think it’s anything more than it’s going to hurt. If it hurts too much he can’t play, and if it doesn’t, he’ll be ready to go.”
In a series that looks to be entertaining and tightly contested, the presence of Billups could be huge. He is the 2004 finals MVP and has a reputation for hitting big shots.
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 0
- Beasley out, LeBron game-time decision; Heat not worried about Pacers right now 5
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s MVP-level season looks a lot like last season 10
- PBT Podcast: Damian Lillard can’t miss, plus Iguodala return 0
- The Extra Pass: The Spurs’ Hammer set; plus Tuesday’s recaps 1
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (45)