Apr 18, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
UPDATE 12:20 pm: Billups sat out practice and Mike D’Antoni called him “very questionable” for Game 2 Tuesday, night, according to a tweet from Alan Hahn of Newsday.
That could be real trouble for the Knicks. In that game and in the series.
Billups landed awkwardly and tweaked his knee with just 50 seconds left in what was at the time a tie game Sunday and went straight to the locker room not to return. What he told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England is that he could miss time.
“My knee just kind of buckled,” Billups told CSNNE.com shortly after the game. “I’m not really sure what really happened.”
Billups later told reporters that he “had no clue” if he would be able to play on Tuesday.
“We got a couple days, and I’ll just be treating it as long as I can,” Billups said.
Added Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni: “I know he’s hurting right now and we’ll find out (Monday), I guess. I don’t think it’s anything more than it’s going to hurt. If it hurts too much he can’t play, and if it doesn’t, he’ll be ready to go.”
In a series that looks to be entertaining and tightly contested, the presence of Billups could be huge. He is the 2004 finals MVP and has a reputation for hitting big shots.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars