Apr 17, 2011, 1:15 PM EST
Again, this is why you don’t play your stars in meaningless late regular season games.
Manu Ginobili will be out for Game 1 of the Spurs first round series against the Grizzlies due to a sprained right elbow.
Which sucks. But it may not hurt them that much this series. What they need is a guy coming off a high pick to draw a big out (Tony Parker can do that) and put a guy in the corner who can drain the three (George Hill can do that).
Now, in a second round matchup with Oklahoma City, they need all hands — and elbows — on deck.
But the challenges the Grizzlies create are not Ginobili related. Still, they will miss him. His return is a question mark.
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 3
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 7
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 21
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17