Apr 17, 2011, 1:15 PM EST
Again, this is why you don’t play your stars in meaningless late regular season games.
Manu Ginobili will be out for Game 1 of the Spurs first round series against the Grizzlies due to a sprained right elbow.
Which sucks. But it may not hurt them that much this series. What they need is a guy coming off a high pick to draw a big out (Tony Parker can do that) and put a guy in the corner who can drain the three (George Hill can do that).
Now, in a second round matchup with Oklahoma City, they need all hands — and elbows — on deck.
But the challenges the Grizzlies create are not Ginobili related. Still, they will miss him. His return is a question mark.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13