Apr 17, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Again, this is why you don’t play your stars in meaningless late regular season games.
Manu Ginobili will be out for Game 1 of the Spurs first round series against the Grizzlies due to a sprained right elbow.
Which sucks. But it may not hurt them that much this series. What they need is a guy coming off a high pick to draw a big out (Tony Parker can do that) and put a guy in the corner who can drain the three (George Hill can do that).
Now, in a second round matchup with Oklahoma City, they need all hands — and elbows — on deck.
But the challenges the Grizzlies create are not Ginobili related. Still, they will miss him. His return is a question mark.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8