Apr 17, 2011, 1:15 PM EST
Again, this is why you don’t play your stars in meaningless late regular season games.
Manu Ginobili will be out for Game 1 of the Spurs first round series against the Grizzlies due to a sprained right elbow.
Which sucks. But it may not hurt them that much this series. What they need is a guy coming off a high pick to draw a big out (Tony Parker can do that) and put a guy in the corner who can drain the three (George Hill can do that).
Now, in a second round matchup with Oklahoma City, they need all hands — and elbows — on deck.
But the challenges the Grizzlies create are not Ginobili related. Still, they will miss him. His return is a question mark.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 3
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 10
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 18
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30