Apr 17, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Again, this is why you don’t play your stars in meaningless late regular season games.
Manu Ginobili will be out for Game 1 of the Spurs first round series against the Grizzlies due to a sprained right elbow.
Which sucks. But it may not hurt them that much this series. What they need is a guy coming off a high pick to draw a big out (Tony Parker can do that) and put a guy in the corner who can drain the three (George Hill can do that).
Now, in a second round matchup with Oklahoma City, they need all hands — and elbows — on deck.
But the challenges the Grizzlies create are not Ginobili related. Still, they will miss him. His return is a question mark.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 3
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18