Apr 14, 2011, 4:43 AM EDT
This is a video of the Sacramento Kings’ broadcasters signing off for what may be the final time. After tonight’s heartbreaking loss to the Lakers, Kings fans stayed in their seats well after the game was over. They chanted that they were staying. The players came out to address the fans. In situations like this, the videos speak for themselves. The pictures speak for themselves.
We’re often reminded that the NBA is a business, and it is. The upcoming CBA negotiations will serve as a harsh reminder of that fact. In Sacramento, to Kings fans, Kings basketball was more that a business. On Tuesday night, professional basketball in Sacramento was more than a business. Sometimes we need to be reminded of that as well.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 39
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 16
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 33
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20