Apr 14, 2011, 4:43 AM EDT
This is a video of the Sacramento Kings’ broadcasters signing off for what may be the final time. After tonight’s heartbreaking loss to the Lakers, Kings fans stayed in their seats well after the game was over. They chanted that they were staying. The players came out to address the fans. In situations like this, the videos speak for themselves. The pictures speak for themselves.
We’re often reminded that the NBA is a business, and it is. The upcoming CBA negotiations will serve as a harsh reminder of that fact. In Sacramento, to Kings fans, Kings basketball was more that a business. On Tuesday night, professional basketball in Sacramento was more than a business. Sometimes we need to be reminded of that as well.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 4
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10