Apr 14, 2011, 4:14 PM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal is going to suit up again for the Boston Celtics. Maybe Sunday. Maybe not. But he will again one day. We promise. As for now, he remains a question mark for Sunday’s playoff opener against the New York Knicks, according to A. Sherrod Blakely at CSN New England.
When asked when he would like to see O’Neal back in the Celtics lineup, (Celtics coach Doc) Rivers responded, “Shaquille, I’d like to see him yesterday. We’ll just have to wait and see.”
Sounds like he might miss the series opener. Also sounds like Rivers is weary of waiting and guessing about Shaq’s return. Shaq wouldn’t see huge minutes against New York anyway — they tend to go smaller and Boston likely will match that. But the Celtics need to get him in a rhythm with his teammates because they will need him against Miami in the second round (assuming Boston and Miami win as expected). The good news for Celtics fans is that Delonte West’s re-aggravation of this ankle injury was not serious and he will be ready to go against the Knicks Sunday.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70