Apr 14, 2011, 4:14 PM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal is going to suit up again for the Boston Celtics. Maybe Sunday. Maybe not. But he will again one day. We promise. As for now, he remains a question mark for Sunday’s playoff opener against the New York Knicks, according to A. Sherrod Blakely at CSN New England.
When asked when he would like to see O’Neal back in the Celtics lineup, (Celtics coach Doc) Rivers responded, “Shaquille, I’d like to see him yesterday. We’ll just have to wait and see.”
Sounds like he might miss the series opener. Also sounds like Rivers is weary of waiting and guessing about Shaq’s return. Shaq wouldn’t see huge minutes against New York anyway — they tend to go smaller and Boston likely will match that. But the Celtics need to get him in a rhythm with his teammates because they will need him against Miami in the second round (assuming Boston and Miami win as expected). The good news for Celtics fans is that Delonte West’s re-aggravation of this ankle injury was not serious and he will be ready to go against the Knicks Sunday.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31