Apr 14, 2011, 4:14 PM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal is going to suit up again for the Boston Celtics. Maybe Sunday. Maybe not. But he will again one day. We promise. As for now, he remains a question mark for Sunday’s playoff opener against the New York Knicks, according to A. Sherrod Blakely at CSN New England.
When asked when he would like to see O’Neal back in the Celtics lineup, (Celtics coach Doc) Rivers responded, “Shaquille, I’d like to see him yesterday. We’ll just have to wait and see.”
Sounds like he might miss the series opener. Also sounds like Rivers is weary of waiting and guessing about Shaq’s return. Shaq wouldn’t see huge minutes against New York anyway — they tend to go smaller and Boston likely will match that. But the Celtics need to get him in a rhythm with his teammates because they will need him against Miami in the second round (assuming Boston and Miami win as expected). The good news for Celtics fans is that Delonte West’s re-aggravation of this ankle injury was not serious and he will be ready to go against the Knicks Sunday.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 13
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 2
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 7
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 16