Apr 14, 2011, 4:14 PM EST
Shaquille O’Neal is going to suit up again for the Boston Celtics. Maybe Sunday. Maybe not. But he will again one day. We promise. As for now, he remains a question mark for Sunday’s playoff opener against the New York Knicks, according to A. Sherrod Blakely at CSN New England.
When asked when he would like to see O’Neal back in the Celtics lineup, (Celtics coach Doc) Rivers responded, “Shaquille, I’d like to see him yesterday. We’ll just have to wait and see.”
Sounds like he might miss the series opener. Also sounds like Rivers is weary of waiting and guessing about Shaq’s return. Shaq wouldn’t see huge minutes against New York anyway — they tend to go smaller and Boston likely will match that. But the Celtics need to get him in a rhythm with his teammates because they will need him against Miami in the second round (assuming Boston and Miami win as expected). The good news for Celtics fans is that Delonte West’s re-aggravation of this ankle injury was not serious and he will be ready to go against the Knicks Sunday.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7