Apr 14, 2011, 4:14 PM EST
Shaquille O’Neal is going to suit up again for the Boston Celtics. Maybe Sunday. Maybe not. But he will again one day. We promise. As for now, he remains a question mark for Sunday’s playoff opener against the New York Knicks, according to A. Sherrod Blakely at CSN New England.
When asked when he would like to see O’Neal back in the Celtics lineup, (Celtics coach Doc) Rivers responded, “Shaquille, I’d like to see him yesterday. We’ll just have to wait and see.”
Sounds like he might miss the series opener. Also sounds like Rivers is weary of waiting and guessing about Shaq’s return. Shaq wouldn’t see huge minutes against New York anyway — they tend to go smaller and Boston likely will match that. But the Celtics need to get him in a rhythm with his teammates because they will need him against Miami in the second round (assuming Boston and Miami win as expected). The good news for Celtics fans is that Delonte West’s re-aggravation of this ankle injury was not serious and he will be ready to go against the Knicks Sunday.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)