Apr 14, 2011, 10:42 AM EDT
There is going to be a first-round upset. One of the top four seeds somewhere — probably in the deep Western Conference, but Boston may be a little nervous — is going to get beat.
To help you better understand what is about to happen this weekend, we present ProBasketballTalk’s NBA Playoff previews for the first round. All eight series broken down with stats and knowledge so you can decide for yourself where that upset is coming from. We throw in some predictions for free. Because we’re nice like that.
Read, enjoy, and refer back during series, because the first round drags out so long you’ll forget a lot of what happened when the teams take five days off between games at one point.
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 19
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 3
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 18
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 10
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 19
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16