Apr 14, 2011, 10:42 AM EDT
There is going to be a first-round upset. One of the top four seeds somewhere — probably in the deep Western Conference, but Boston may be a little nervous — is going to get beat.
To help you better understand what is about to happen this weekend, we present ProBasketballTalk’s NBA Playoff previews for the first round. All eight series broken down with stats and knowledge so you can decide for yourself where that upset is coming from. We throw in some predictions for free. Because we’re nice like that.
Read, enjoy, and refer back during series, because the first round drags out so long you’ll forget a lot of what happened when the teams take five days off between games at one point.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34