Apr 14, 2011, 10:42 AM EDT
There is going to be a first-round upset. One of the top four seeds somewhere — probably in the deep Western Conference, but Boston may be a little nervous — is going to get beat.
To help you better understand what is about to happen this weekend, we present ProBasketballTalk’s NBA Playoff previews for the first round. All eight series broken down with stats and knowledge so you can decide for yourself where that upset is coming from. We throw in some predictions for free. Because we’re nice like that.
Read, enjoy, and refer back during series, because the first round drags out so long you’ll forget a lot of what happened when the teams take five days off between games at one point.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15