Apr 14, 2011, 9:22 PM EST
Boston’s Glen Davis has a great name for it: The Campaign for Champagne.
This year more than any other in recent memory, the path to the championship seems open for a number of teams. The Lakers have the last two titles, but they are flawed, inconsistent and often bored. Boston and San Antonio are old, Chicago and Oklahoma City inexperienced. You can pick apart any contending team and say “this is why they can’t win it.”
But we are about optimism and light here at PBT. So we’re telling you why your favorite team can win it. What they have to do to get a title. Why you should have hope.
Because hope is the best of things.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0