Apr 14, 2011, 9:22 PM EDT
Boston’s Glen Davis has a great name for it: The Campaign for Champagne.
This year more than any other in recent memory, the path to the championship seems open for a number of teams. The Lakers have the last two titles, but they are flawed, inconsistent and often bored. Boston and San Antonio are old, Chicago and Oklahoma City inexperienced. You can pick apart any contending team and say “this is why they can’t win it.”
But we are about optimism and light here at PBT. So we’re telling you why your favorite team can win it. What they have to do to get a title. Why you should have hope.
Because hope is the best of things.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59