Apr 14, 2011, 9:22 PM EDT
Boston’s Glen Davis has a great name for it: The Campaign for Champagne.
This year more than any other in recent memory, the path to the championship seems open for a number of teams. The Lakers have the last two titles, but they are flawed, inconsistent and often bored. Boston and San Antonio are old, Chicago and Oklahoma City inexperienced. You can pick apart any contending team and say “this is why they can’t win it.”
But we are about optimism and light here at PBT. So we’re telling you why your favorite team can win it. What they have to do to get a title. Why you should have hope.
Because hope is the best of things.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 2
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 6
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 44
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 30
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 25