Apr 14, 2011, 9:22 PM EDT
Boston’s Glen Davis has a great name for it: The Campaign for Champagne.
This year more than any other in recent memory, the path to the championship seems open for a number of teams. The Lakers have the last two titles, but they are flawed, inconsistent and often bored. Boston and San Antonio are old, Chicago and Oklahoma City inexperienced. You can pick apart any contending team and say “this is why they can’t win it.”
But we are about optimism and light here at PBT. So we’re telling you why your favorite team can win it. What they have to do to get a title. Why you should have hope.
Because hope is the best of things.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 2
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 6
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 13
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43