Apr 14, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
Tuesday night against the Lakers, Gregg Popovich sat his three big stars and there were people saying that he was just tanking to make sure the Spurs avoided the Lakers in the second round.
He played them Wednesday night, to get them some run, and showed why it’s a good idea to sit them.
MRI results on Manu Ginobili’s right elbow show a sprain and he is now doubtful for Game 1 Sunday against the Grizzlies, according to a tweet from Mike Monroe in San Antonio.
The second game in that series is Wednesday.
San Antonio expects a tough first round match up against a Grizzlies team with a strong front line — Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol — as well as some talented guys playing well on the wings, like Tony Allen. San Antonio will need Ginobili to get comfortably through this round.
Ginobili injured himself on a fall after colliding with Grant Hill just 2:14 into the game.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 51
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 67
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 19
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 40
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3