Apr 14, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT
Like most of the NBA’s superstars, LeBron James will be breaking out a new edition of his signature shoes for the postseason. Nike will release the LeBron 8 PS globally on April 16th, the final version in a series of three LeBron 8 styles.
The latest edition is 1.5 ounces lighter than its predecessor, and is the first LeBron signature shoe to feature Nike’s Hyperfuse construction, according to the company’s release.
The LEBRON 8 PS continues the trend of maximizing lightweight strength for the seven-time All- Star’s eighth signature shoe. As LeBron’s first signature shoe featuring Hyperfuse construction, the LEBRON 8 PS sheds 1.5 ounces from the regular season model (U.S. Men’s Size 9), making a statement as the 82-game season comes to a close and the playoffs begin. By creating a shoe that is lightweight, supportive, breathable and durable, the LEBRON 8 PS is the perfect weapon for the sprint at the end of the marathon, when the smallest detail can make all the difference.
“Heading into the final stretch of the season, the LEBRON 8 PS mirrors my evolving game as strength and endurance are tested,” said James. “The lion symbol on the tongue of all three versions of my eighth signature shoe keep me hungry and focused each time I lace up.”
For added lightness, Petrie changed up the Max Air cushioning from the Max Air 360 unit to a lighter Max Air 180 unit in the heel, Nike Zoom unit in the forefoot and carbon fiber in the arch to create an evolved cushioning system engineered for LeBron. The full-length Cushlon midsole of the LEBRON 8 PS provides springy, resilient and durable cushioning and comfort.
The solid rubber outsole’s herringbone pattern and outrigger provide superior traction, quickness and lateral stability, while the exaggerated flex grooves in the forefoot and heel expose the midsole foam to reduce the overall weight of the shoe.
We’ll have plenty more later this weekend, including some thoughts from Jason Petrie (one of the shoe’s lead designers), as well as a full review of how they actually perform on the basketball court.
- Klay Thompson should not have been allowed to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 0
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 12
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 12
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 73