Apr 14, 2011, 4:43 PM EST
Chris Bosh is not alone on this.
As we started talking to people around the league in preparation for playoff previews, there are a lot of doubters about the Bulls. Oh, they’re good and everyone knows it. But a lot of people think the Bulls have some things to learn about playoff basketball. Things the Celtics have already learned.
“I’m going to go with the Celtics right now because of their experience and where they’ve been. The Bulls, they’re very talented obviously. They earned, and rightfully so, the No. 1 spot in the East. But you know, the Celtics you really never know with them. Last year everybody wrote them off, they were the No. 4 seed and they came within a few minutes of winning an NBA title. So they have guys that have been there many, many times before and they bring a lot of experience.”
What Chicago has done more consistently this season than any team is execute. On offense somewhat, on defense especially. The thinking among the doubters is they cannot do that much better, where Boston (and to a lesser degree the Heat) can improve their execution dramatically.
Can and will are different things. This is going to be one fun playoffs.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 7
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7