Apr 14, 2011, 4:43 PM EDT
Chris Bosh is not alone on this.
As we started talking to people around the league in preparation for playoff previews, there are a lot of doubters about the Bulls. Oh, they’re good and everyone knows it. But a lot of people think the Bulls have some things to learn about playoff basketball. Things the Celtics have already learned.
“I’m going to go with the Celtics right now because of their experience and where they’ve been. The Bulls, they’re very talented obviously. They earned, and rightfully so, the No. 1 spot in the East. But you know, the Celtics you really never know with them. Last year everybody wrote them off, they were the No. 4 seed and they came within a few minutes of winning an NBA title. So they have guys that have been there many, many times before and they bring a lot of experience.”
What Chicago has done more consistently this season than any team is execute. On offense somewhat, on defense especially. The thinking among the doubters is they cannot do that much better, where Boston (and to a lesser degree the Heat) can improve their execution dramatically.
Can and will are different things. This is going to be one fun playoffs.
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 0
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 3
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82