Apr 12, 2011, 8:20 AM EDT
Dwight Howard said as he started to take off he told Jrue Holiday not to jump. Their both Adidas guys, Howard didn’t want to embarrass him. Howard was going to throw down a monster dunk and he knew it.
All credit to Holiday for trying, for getting back on defense and making the effort to break this up. He hustled.
But it didn’t exactly work out. The result was one of the bigger dunks on someone’s head this season, former Dunk Contest champion Howard throwing it down right on Holiday off a Jameer Nelson ally-oop.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13