Apr 12, 2011, 8:20 AM EDT
Dwight Howard said as he started to take off he told Jrue Holiday not to jump. Their both Adidas guys, Howard didn’t want to embarrass him. Howard was going to throw down a monster dunk and he knew it.
All credit to Holiday for trying, for getting back on defense and making the effort to break this up. He hustled.
But it didn’t exactly work out. The result was one of the bigger dunks on someone’s head this season, former Dunk Contest champion Howard throwing it down right on Holiday off a Jameer Nelson ally-oop.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 0
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 8
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 34
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 24
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 8
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (66)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay