Apr 12, 2011, 8:20 AM EDT
Dwight Howard said as he started to take off he told Jrue Holiday not to jump. Their both Adidas guys, Howard didn’t want to embarrass him. Howard was going to throw down a monster dunk and he knew it.
All credit to Holiday for trying, for getting back on defense and making the effort to break this up. He hustled.
But it didn’t exactly work out. The result was one of the bigger dunks on someone’s head this season, former Dunk Contest champion Howard throwing it down right on Holiday off a Jameer Nelson ally-oop.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 4
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5