Apr 12, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
Steve Blake did not make it to shootaround on Tuesday because of an illness.
The team announced later Tuesday afternoon that Blake has chicken pox and would not play Tuesday; beyond that, he is out indefinitely.
In general, people with Chicken Pox are expected to be contagious for around four or five days after they begin experiencing symptoms, so Blake will probably be out until the playoffs. Blake has been underperforming this season, but his loss will make an already-thin Laker bench even thinner. At least we know that Blake won’t ever have to miss time with the Chicken Pox again.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30