Apr 12, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
Steve Blake did not make it to shootaround on Tuesday because of an illness.
The team announced later Tuesday afternoon that Blake has chicken pox and would not play Tuesday; beyond that, he is out indefinitely.
In general, people with Chicken Pox are expected to be contagious for around four or five days after they begin experiencing symptoms, so Blake will probably be out until the playoffs. Blake has been underperforming this season, but his loss will make an already-thin Laker bench even thinner. At least we know that Blake won’t ever have to miss time with the Chicken Pox again.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61