Apr 12, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
Steve Blake did not make it to shootaround on Tuesday because of an illness.
The team announced later Tuesday afternoon that Blake has chicken pox and would not play Tuesday; beyond that, he is out indefinitely.
In general, people with Chicken Pox are expected to be contagious for around four or five days after they begin experiencing symptoms, so Blake will probably be out until the playoffs. Blake has been underperforming this season, but his loss will make an already-thin Laker bench even thinner. At least we know that Blake won’t ever have to miss time with the Chicken Pox again.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8