Apr 12, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
Steve Blake did not make it to shootaround on Tuesday because of an illness.
The team announced later Tuesday afternoon that Blake has chicken pox and would not play Tuesday; beyond that, he is out indefinitely.
In general, people with Chicken Pox are expected to be contagious for around four or five days after they begin experiencing symptoms, so Blake will probably be out until the playoffs. Blake has been underperforming this season, but his loss will make an already-thin Laker bench even thinner. At least we know that Blake won’t ever have to miss time with the Chicken Pox again.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 6
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 32
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 8