Apr 12, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
Steve Blake did not make it to shootaround on Tuesday because of an illness.
The team announced later Tuesday afternoon that Blake has chicken pox and would not play Tuesday; beyond that, he is out indefinitely.
In general, people with Chicken Pox are expected to be contagious for around four or five days after they begin experiencing symptoms, so Blake will probably be out until the playoffs. Blake has been underperforming this season, but his loss will make an already-thin Laker bench even thinner. At least we know that Blake won’t ever have to miss time with the Chicken Pox again.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3