Apr 12, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Usually I’m pretty impressed with the NBA’s playoff advertising campaigns — the split face “there can be only one” series, the “Where Amazing Happens” piano commercials — but this year… not really loving it. Maybe it’s me. My taste can certainly be in question (for example, I don’t hate Jimmy Buffett). But this year’s talking ball thing is not working for me.
Love it or hate it we better get used to them because the series runs through the playoffs and finals. Whether I want them to or not. Sort of like that singing NAPA Auto Parts guy that may forever keep me out of that store.
Anyway, below is one of the series from Goodby Silverstein & Partners. When we get to the finals the balls will be interviewing Magic Johnson and Julius Erving. Seriously. That has been shot. Maybe my the start of June this will have grown on me.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13