Apr 12, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Usually I’m pretty impressed with the NBA’s playoff advertising campaigns — the split face “there can be only one” series, the “Where Amazing Happens” piano commercials — but this year… not really loving it. Maybe it’s me. My taste can certainly be in question (for example, I don’t hate Jimmy Buffett). But this year’s talking ball thing is not working for me.
Love it or hate it we better get used to them because the series runs through the playoffs and finals. Whether I want them to or not. Sort of like that singing NAPA Auto Parts guy that may forever keep me out of that store.
Anyway, below is one of the series from Goodby Silverstein & Partners. When we get to the finals the balls will be interviewing Magic Johnson and Julius Erving. Seriously. That has been shot. Maybe my the start of June this will have grown on me.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20