Apr 12, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Usually I’m pretty impressed with the NBA’s playoff advertising campaigns — the split face “there can be only one” series, the “Where Amazing Happens” piano commercials — but this year… not really loving it. Maybe it’s me. My taste can certainly be in question (for example, I don’t hate Jimmy Buffett). But this year’s talking ball thing is not working for me.
Love it or hate it we better get used to them because the series runs through the playoffs and finals. Whether I want them to or not. Sort of like that singing NAPA Auto Parts guy that may forever keep me out of that store.
Anyway, below is one of the series from Goodby Silverstein & Partners. When we get to the finals the balls will be interviewing Magic Johnson and Julius Erving. Seriously. That has been shot. Maybe my the start of June this will have grown on me.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 9
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 12
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 17
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11