Apr 12, 2011, 8:29 PM EST
Usually I’m pretty impressed with the NBA’s playoff advertising campaigns — the split face “there can be only one” series, the “Where Amazing Happens” piano commercials — but this year… not really loving it. Maybe it’s me. My taste can certainly be in question (for example, I don’t hate Jimmy Buffett). But this year’s talking ball thing is not working for me.
Love it or hate it we better get used to them because the series runs through the playoffs and finals. Whether I want them to or not. Sort of like that singing NAPA Auto Parts guy that may forever keep me out of that store.
Anyway, below is one of the series from Goodby Silverstein & Partners. When we get to the finals the balls will be interviewing Magic Johnson and Julius Erving. Seriously. That has been shot. Maybe my the start of June this will have grown on me.
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 6
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 7
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 40
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18