Apr 12, 2011, 5:29 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:29 pm: Chris Bosh told Eric Koreen from the National Post (via twitter) that the he, LeBron and Wade will play in the final game of the season. Sure. I think there’s about as good of a chance of me suiting up for the Heat as all three of them, but we’re passing it along.
Basically, until I see all three introduced in the starting lineup, I will not believe it. And if all three are introduced in the starting lineup, I want to know what Erik Spoelstra is smoking.
4: 38 pm: If you’ve ever wondered just how bad the Miami Heat would be without their “Big Three,” tune in on Wednesday.
A lot of guys on a lot of teams are going to sit Wednesday night (all 30 teams will play), especially in the Eastern Conference where everything is already decided.
Miami may sit LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh against Toronto Wednesday, speculates our man Ira Winderman at the South Florida Sun Sentinel. The only potential thing on the line for Miami would be finals home court against Dallas.
You don’t risk injury to Bosh, LeBron James or Dwyane Wade in a season finale just for the remote chance of a matchup against a team two months from now….
LeBron already has made his feelings known on time off in Toronto.
“I could use it,” he said, “I definitely could use it.”
Even if one or two of Miami’s trio suit up — in the uniform sense not the Barney Stinson sense — expect very limited minutes. Simply put, the risk of injury is not worth the reward in winning. What really matters starts this weekend.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32