Apr 12, 2011, 5:29 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:29 pm: Chris Bosh told Eric Koreen from the National Post (via twitter) that the he, LeBron and Wade will play in the final game of the season. Sure. I think there’s about as good of a chance of me suiting up for the Heat as all three of them, but we’re passing it along.
Basically, until I see all three introduced in the starting lineup, I will not believe it. And if all three are introduced in the starting lineup, I want to know what Erik Spoelstra is smoking.
4: 38 pm: If you’ve ever wondered just how bad the Miami Heat would be without their “Big Three,” tune in on Wednesday.
A lot of guys on a lot of teams are going to sit Wednesday night (all 30 teams will play), especially in the Eastern Conference where everything is already decided.
Miami may sit LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh against Toronto Wednesday, speculates our man Ira Winderman at the South Florida Sun Sentinel. The only potential thing on the line for Miami would be finals home court against Dallas.
You don’t risk injury to Bosh, LeBron James or Dwyane Wade in a season finale just for the remote chance of a matchup against a team two months from now….
LeBron already has made his feelings known on time off in Toronto.
“I could use it,” he said, “I definitely could use it.”
Even if one or two of Miami’s trio suit up — in the uniform sense not the Barney Stinson sense — expect very limited minutes. Simply put, the risk of injury is not worth the reward in winning. What really matters starts this weekend.
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 3
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 6
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 17
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 18
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (73)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay