Apr 12, 2011, 5:29 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:29 pm: Chris Bosh told Eric Koreen from the National Post (via twitter) that the he, LeBron and Wade will play in the final game of the season. Sure. I think there’s about as good of a chance of me suiting up for the Heat as all three of them, but we’re passing it along.
Basically, until I see all three introduced in the starting lineup, I will not believe it. And if all three are introduced in the starting lineup, I want to know what Erik Spoelstra is smoking.
4: 38 pm: If you’ve ever wondered just how bad the Miami Heat would be without their “Big Three,” tune in on Wednesday.
A lot of guys on a lot of teams are going to sit Wednesday night (all 30 teams will play), especially in the Eastern Conference where everything is already decided.
Miami may sit LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh against Toronto Wednesday, speculates our man Ira Winderman at the South Florida Sun Sentinel. The only potential thing on the line for Miami would be finals home court against Dallas.
You don’t risk injury to Bosh, LeBron James or Dwyane Wade in a season finale just for the remote chance of a matchup against a team two months from now….
LeBron already has made his feelings known on time off in Toronto.
“I could use it,” he said, “I definitely could use it.”
Even if one or two of Miami’s trio suit up — in the uniform sense not the Barney Stinson sense — expect very limited minutes. Simply put, the risk of injury is not worth the reward in winning. What really matters starts this weekend.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11