Apr 12, 2011, 5:29 PM EST
UPDATE 5:29 pm: Chris Bosh told Eric Koreen from the National Post (via twitter) that the he, LeBron and Wade will play in the final game of the season. Sure. I think there’s about as good of a chance of me suiting up for the Heat as all three of them, but we’re passing it along.
Basically, until I see all three introduced in the starting lineup, I will not believe it. And if all three are introduced in the starting lineup, I want to know what Erik Spoelstra is smoking.
4: 38 pm: If you’ve ever wondered just how bad the Miami Heat would be without their “Big Three,” tune in on Wednesday.
A lot of guys on a lot of teams are going to sit Wednesday night (all 30 teams will play), especially in the Eastern Conference where everything is already decided.
Miami may sit LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh against Toronto Wednesday, speculates our man Ira Winderman at the South Florida Sun Sentinel. The only potential thing on the line for Miami would be finals home court against Dallas.
You don’t risk injury to Bosh, LeBron James or Dwyane Wade in a season finale just for the remote chance of a matchup against a team two months from now….
LeBron already has made his feelings known on time off in Toronto.
“I could use it,” he said, “I definitely could use it.”
Even if one or two of Miami’s trio suit up — in the uniform sense not the Barney Stinson sense — expect very limited minutes. Simply put, the risk of injury is not worth the reward in winning. What really matters starts this weekend.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 9
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 22
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 12
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15