Apr 12, 2011, 11:41 AM EST
Is there a M*A*S*H* unit that follows the Celtics around?
It just seems it would be cost efficient at this point. Boston picked up another injury Monday, but just one so it may be under their daily quota. This time it was Delonte West spraining his ankle, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSN New England.
Delonte West hurt his right ankle in the third quarter, the same ankle that sidelined him for a couple of weeks earlier this month.
“I was worried,” said coach Doc Rivers, who added that there’s no timetable for when West will return.
Don’t expect to see Wednesday for sure. Boston struggled for a stretch when Rajon Rondo got worn down because there was no quality backup for him. West was going to fix that, but it’s less of an issue heading into the playoffs when the minutes behind Rondo would be reduced anyway.
The bigger issue is Shaquille O’Neal. Boston needs him back — he has played just six minutes since Feb. 1 (he came back from an Achilles injury and it took six minutes to strain his calf). Danny Ainge told the Boston Globe Shaq will be back when the playoffs start. Promise.
“We’re planning as of right now of him practicing Thursday or Friday and being ready to play for Game 1 of the playoffs,” Ainge said. “I have every confidence that he will be ready and play in the playoffs.”
Is there anyone counting on Shaq, anyone who has bet bigger on him recently, than Ainge?
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 1
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39