Apr 12, 2011, 11:41 AM EDT
Is there a M*A*S*H* unit that follows the Celtics around?
It just seems it would be cost efficient at this point. Boston picked up another injury Monday, but just one so it may be under their daily quota. This time it was Delonte West spraining his ankle, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSN New England.
Delonte West hurt his right ankle in the third quarter, the same ankle that sidelined him for a couple of weeks earlier this month.
“I was worried,” said coach Doc Rivers, who added that there’s no timetable for when West will return.
Don’t expect to see Wednesday for sure. Boston struggled for a stretch when Rajon Rondo got worn down because there was no quality backup for him. West was going to fix that, but it’s less of an issue heading into the playoffs when the minutes behind Rondo would be reduced anyway.
The bigger issue is Shaquille O’Neal. Boston needs him back — he has played just six minutes since Feb. 1 (he came back from an Achilles injury and it took six minutes to strain his calf). Danny Ainge told the Boston Globe Shaq will be back when the playoffs start. Promise.
“We’re planning as of right now of him practicing Thursday or Friday and being ready to play for Game 1 of the playoffs,” Ainge said. “I have every confidence that he will be ready and play in the playoffs.”
Is there anyone counting on Shaq, anyone who has bet bigger on him recently, than Ainge?
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 5
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 12
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 66
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14