Apr 11, 2011, 8:11 AM EDT
Monta Ellis took a hard fall Sunday night late in the fourth quarter of the Warriors loss to Sacramento, in doing so he banged his head.
He was unable to shoot the free throws he was owed, left the game and eventually was taken to an area hospital for further oberservations, according to Matt Steinmetz of CSN Bay Area.
Ellis did not go with the team to Denver for a Monday night game. Smart money has the Warriors shutting him down for both final games. Ellis has yet to miss a game this season.
With less than a minute to go in the game Ellis drove the lane and seemed to get his balance thrown off when bumped in the air. When he landed the side of his head hit the floor hard. He was clearly a little out of it and had to be helped back to the locker room. If this is a concussion, look for the team to be very cautious with him.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 65
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6