Apr 11, 2011, 8:11 AM EDT
Monta Ellis took a hard fall Sunday night late in the fourth quarter of the Warriors loss to Sacramento, in doing so he banged his head.
He was unable to shoot the free throws he was owed, left the game and eventually was taken to an area hospital for further oberservations, according to Matt Steinmetz of CSN Bay Area.
Ellis did not go with the team to Denver for a Monday night game. Smart money has the Warriors shutting him down for both final games. Ellis has yet to miss a game this season.
With less than a minute to go in the game Ellis drove the lane and seemed to get his balance thrown off when bumped in the air. When he landed the side of his head hit the floor hard. He was clearly a little out of it and had to be helped back to the locker room. If this is a concussion, look for the team to be very cautious with him.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7