Apr 11, 2011, 8:11 AM EDT
Monta Ellis took a hard fall Sunday night late in the fourth quarter of the Warriors loss to Sacramento, in doing so he banged his head.
He was unable to shoot the free throws he was owed, left the game and eventually was taken to an area hospital for further oberservations, according to Matt Steinmetz of CSN Bay Area.
Ellis did not go with the team to Denver for a Monday night game. Smart money has the Warriors shutting him down for both final games. Ellis has yet to miss a game this season.
With less than a minute to go in the game Ellis drove the lane and seemed to get his balance thrown off when bumped in the air. When he landed the side of his head hit the floor hard. He was clearly a little out of it and had to be helped back to the locker room. If this is a concussion, look for the team to be very cautious with him.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37