Apr 11, 2011, 12:49 PM EST
If anyone asks, you’re saying didn’t watch Khloe & Lamar Sunday. There was Boston and Miami in the NBA and the Masters and you don’t watch that crap anyway.
If you secretly watched it, we won’t tell anyone. We won’t tell anyone you ate chocolate covered strawberries while you watched it, either.
But in case you did miss it, there was some serious stuff amongst the fluff. The Sporting News explains.
Lakers forward Lamar Odom, during the debut episode of his new reality show, ‘Khloe and Lamar’, reveals that his estranged father, Joe, is a heroin addict.
“I’m not asking him to be a father,” Odom says on the show. “I’m asking him to act like you are my father.”
In the episode, Joe surprises Khloe Kardashian, Lamar’s wife, at a book signing. Khloe encourages her husband and his father for form a closer relationship, but Joe later asks his son for money.
“Give me a couple dollars, man, I’m wiped out,” Joe asks of Lamar over the phone, per USA Today. He also asks for groceries, tickets and shoes. After that, Khloe backs off her suggestion that Lamar and Joe reconcile.
Odom is a fascinating person. He has story of family members that worked at Rikers Island when he was a kid, there is his maturation as a person through his NBA career, and having to deal with the death of close family and a child. His father the addict is just another part of that.
Through it all, Odom may be one of the most positive people you’ll ever meet. Which speaks to his nature — and how the world would be a better place if more of us could be like Odom in outlook.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 6
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 11
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18