Apr 11, 2011, 11:09 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant picked up his 15th technical this season in a little tussle with Kendrick Perkins Sunday night. One more T in the season’s final two games and Kobe is suspended for one game. If he picks up 16 in the season’s final game he does not sit out the first playoff game — the technical count resets for the playoffs — rather he would be suspended for the first game of next season.
I wouldn’t describe Kobe as talkative after the Lakers loss to the Thunder Sunday.
Who are the best scrappers in the NBA?
Gregg Popovich would like to do away with the three-point line. Sort of.
What happened to Shannon Brown? Remember at the start of the season when he got his shots in the flow of the offense and the jumper was falling? Those days seem long gone.
When you reflect on Memphis making the playoffs, do not forget what Rudy Gay brought to this team this season.
Mark Cuban railed against Internet reporters again, this time on CNN and this time said giving them locker room access was like giving a needle to a heroin junkie. Brett talked about this before here, but my one sentence response: It’s about ticket sales for Cuban, because the trade rumors this Internet reporter runs often come from those newspaper sources, but Cuban can see the connection between papers and ticket sales (and sponsorships) in a way he cannot with the Internet. To sum up: It’s always about the money. Always.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23