Apr 11, 2011, 11:09 AM EST
Kobe Bryant picked up his 15th technical this season in a little tussle with Kendrick Perkins Sunday night. One more T in the season’s final two games and Kobe is suspended for one game. If he picks up 16 in the season’s final game he does not sit out the first playoff game — the technical count resets for the playoffs — rather he would be suspended for the first game of next season.
I wouldn’t describe Kobe as talkative after the Lakers loss to the Thunder Sunday.
Who are the best scrappers in the NBA?
Gregg Popovich would like to do away with the three-point line. Sort of.
What happened to Shannon Brown? Remember at the start of the season when he got his shots in the flow of the offense and the jumper was falling? Those days seem long gone.
When you reflect on Memphis making the playoffs, do not forget what Rudy Gay brought to this team this season.
Mark Cuban railed against Internet reporters again, this time on CNN and this time said giving them locker room access was like giving a needle to a heroin junkie. Brett talked about this before here, but my one sentence response: It’s about ticket sales for Cuban, because the trade rumors this Internet reporter runs often come from those newspaper sources, but Cuban can see the connection between papers and ticket sales (and sponsorships) in a way he cannot with the Internet. To sum up: It’s always about the money. Always.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42