Apr 11, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
If you saw the fall, you had to think Monta Ellis was not coming back this season.
Now it’s official, according to CSN Bay Area.
Ellis spent last night in a Bay Area Hospital for observations after suffering a Grade 2 concussion and was released earlier this morning. A CT Scan was negative.
Ellis will not play in the final two games of the season tonight in Denver and Wednesday vs. Portland.
A Grade II concussion means the person never lost consciousness but suffered symptoms of confusion for more than 15 minutes after the incident. Usually this means a person is restricted from physical activity for a couple weeks and can return only with a doctor’s approval.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 15
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32