Apr 11, 2011, 2:03 PM EST
If you saw the fall, you had to think Monta Ellis was not coming back this season.
Now it’s official, according to CSN Bay Area.
Ellis spent last night in a Bay Area Hospital for observations after suffering a Grade 2 concussion and was released earlier this morning. A CT Scan was negative.
Ellis will not play in the final two games of the season tonight in Denver and Wednesday vs. Portland.
A Grade II concussion means the person never lost consciousness but suffered symptoms of confusion for more than 15 minutes after the incident. Usually this means a person is restricted from physical activity for a couple weeks and can return only with a doctor’s approval.
- What rust? Russell Westbrook returns, puts up 32 points in 24 minutes (VIDEO) 2
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 3
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8