Apr 11, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
If you saw the fall, you had to think Monta Ellis was not coming back this season.
Now it’s official, according to CSN Bay Area.
Ellis spent last night in a Bay Area Hospital for observations after suffering a Grade 2 concussion and was released earlier this morning. A CT Scan was negative.
Ellis will not play in the final two games of the season tonight in Denver and Wednesday vs. Portland.
A Grade II concussion means the person never lost consciousness but suffered symptoms of confusion for more than 15 minutes after the incident. Usually this means a person is restricted from physical activity for a couple weeks and can return only with a doctor’s approval.
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 0
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 5
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 12
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 13
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 11