Apr 11, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
If you saw the fall, you had to think Monta Ellis was not coming back this season.
Now it’s official, according to CSN Bay Area.
Ellis spent last night in a Bay Area Hospital for observations after suffering a Grade 2 concussion and was released earlier this morning. A CT Scan was negative.
Ellis will not play in the final two games of the season tonight in Denver and Wednesday vs. Portland.
A Grade II concussion means the person never lost consciousness but suffered symptoms of confusion for more than 15 minutes after the incident. Usually this means a person is restricted from physical activity for a couple weeks and can return only with a doctor’s approval.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 13
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16