Apr 10, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Ty Lawson was a name that was talked about as a “future asset” for the Nuggets during the Melo trade stuff. He could be pretty good as a starter, was the thought. He made losing Billups acceptable. And while Lawson has shown that he’s worthy of being a piece of the puzzle, he hadn’t had a singular game to blow you away, as part of the Nuggets’ cohesive horde strategy.
He’s got one now.
Lawson hit ten threes Saturday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves, finishing 10-11 from the arc. His miss? A half-court heave at the end of the 3rd quarter that kept him out of the record books for most consecutive threes in a game without a miss. That is the very definition of “unconscious.” Check it out.
You would think after, oh, say, the seventh one that the Wolves would stick a man on Lawson and tell him not to hedge. You would think that they would recognize, hey, this guy’s gone berserk, we might want to put a guy on him so we don’t get any more embarrassed. You would think that they would recognize that seven is enough and stop him.
You would be wrong to think so.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona