Apr 10, 2011, 1:46 PM EST
J. R. Smith’s got to be pretty happy with his season overall. He went from trade bait to a key contributor on one of the hottest teams in the league. He’s considered a leader on a relatively young team, and may be the X-factor that could help Denver to a first-round upset.
But he’s still going to be pretty ticked off.
HoopsHype reports that Smith will miss out on a $750,000 bonus for 2,000 minutes played and the team winning at least 42 games. The wins are assured. But Smith is going to miss it by 101 minutes. Smith would have made it had he not missed shootaround leading to him getting benched for several games.
So he was late for Shootaround and will miss out on three-quarters of a million dollars. How absolutely mind-boggling is that? Why would you not be on time for everything? I’d show up an hour early for everything. I get life gets in the way and it’s hard to maintain focus. But it’s $750,000 dollars! Think about how many tattoos that money could buy! Actually, J.R., don’t think about that. We don’t want to give you ideas and wind up with you having tats on your eyeballs.
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 2
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35