Apr 10, 2011, 1:46 PM EDT
J. R. Smith’s got to be pretty happy with his season overall. He went from trade bait to a key contributor on one of the hottest teams in the league. He’s considered a leader on a relatively young team, and may be the X-factor that could help Denver to a first-round upset.
But he’s still going to be pretty ticked off.
HoopsHype reports that Smith will miss out on a $750,000 bonus for 2,000 minutes played and the team winning at least 42 games. The wins are assured. But Smith is going to miss it by 101 minutes. Smith would have made it had he not missed shootaround leading to him getting benched for several games.
So he was late for Shootaround and will miss out on three-quarters of a million dollars. How absolutely mind-boggling is that? Why would you not be on time for everything? I’d show up an hour early for everything. I get life gets in the way and it’s hard to maintain focus. But it’s $750,000 dollars! Think about how many tattoos that money could buy! Actually, J.R., don’t think about that. We don’t want to give you ideas and wind up with you having tats on your eyeballs.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 0
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 15
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6