Apr 9, 2011, 9:16 PM EDT
Just wanted to update you on the health of your favorite New Jersey Nets… no, not Deron Williams. The other two you like. Sure, there are another two.
“The heel is still a major issue in terms of running — too much discomfort there,’’ Johnson said of Humphries, who emerged as a key performer this season and finished the season with averages of 10 points and 10.4 rebounds per game.”
I’m not a doctor, but I’m fairly sure that being one is nothing like Grey’s Anatomy, and I’m more sure that heel pain gets in the way of running. Whatever running style you choose to use. At this point best to just shut him down.
Brook Lopez continues to play but may have post-season surgery to remove calcium deposits on his right elbow, according to the Bergen Record. This is minor surgery, nothing that will keep him from working out to be in shape next… well, whenever the NBA starts up after the lockout.
Lopez said previously that the deposits means it hurts whenever he gets bumped. If Nets fans want to, they can pretend that is why he didn’t rebound well at all this season.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20