Apr 9, 2011, 9:16 PM EST
Just wanted to update you on the health of your favorite New Jersey Nets… no, not Deron Williams. The other two you like. Sure, there are another two.
“The heel is still a major issue in terms of running — too much discomfort there,’’ Johnson said of Humphries, who emerged as a key performer this season and finished the season with averages of 10 points and 10.4 rebounds per game.”
I’m not a doctor, but I’m fairly sure that being one is nothing like Grey’s Anatomy, and I’m more sure that heel pain gets in the way of running. Whatever running style you choose to use. At this point best to just shut him down.
Brook Lopez continues to play but may have post-season surgery to remove calcium deposits on his right elbow, according to the Bergen Record. This is minor surgery, nothing that will keep him from working out to be in shape next… well, whenever the NBA starts up after the lockout.
Lopez said previously that the deposits means it hurts whenever he gets bumped. If Nets fans want to, they can pretend that is why he didn’t rebound well at all this season.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 14
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 7
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 33
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 16
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (33)