Apr 8, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Is there anything more fun to watch in the NBA right now than Derrick Rose carving up a defense?
I’ll come clean: as a guy who grew up in L.A. a Laker fan, watching him do it to the Celtics makes me enjoy it just a little bit more. But when he came to play the Lakers at Staples Center this season, his crossovers and drives twice had Lakers fans — who are pretty jaded to amazing plays — literally gasping. He is stunning to watch in person.
Enjoy the highlights of him carving up the Celtics last night, which was an impressive display no matter who you are a fan of.
- Metta World Peace says Howard isn’t going anywhere because he has a hold on his… um… those 15
- In praise of the brilliant, baffling Manu Ginobili 19
- If Doc is out, who is in for Celtics? Maybe Del Negro, Frank 15
- Where does Celtics’ Rivers, Garnett trade to Clippers stand? They’re talking. 28
- Boris Diaw’s defense slowed LeBron down. I know, right? 26
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins go 'above and beyond' in Gm. 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury