Apr 8, 2011, 4:55 PM EST
We told you before that the league was looking into the case of Nets minority owner (and music empire mogul) Jay-Z having contact with the Kentucky Wildcats after the team won to advance to the final four.
Team personnel cannot have contact with college players (that’s why Isiah Thomas can’t be an official Knicks consultant and coach Florida International).
But Jay-Z wasn’t in their recruiting players (something pretty much fruitless since there is that whole draft thing anyway) so the league just gave him and the Nets a $50,000 slap on the wrist, Marc Stein of ESPN reports.
This is not uncommon, remember Celtics GM Danny Ainge was fined $30,000 for talking to Kevin Durant’s mother.
Does Michael Jordan get an exception for visiting North Carolina practices because he is an alumni?
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 2
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 17
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8