Apr 8, 2011, 12:23 PM EST
It’s a lot like going to a Broadway show and finding out all the understudies will be on stage that night.
There’s not going to be a lot of star power in New Jersey tonight.
Amar’e Stoudemire will sit out for the Knicks, according to a tweet from Steve Adamek of the Bergin Record. Stoudemire has an injured ankle that coach Mike D’Antoni said was worse than expected. For the Nets, Deron Williams is having wrist surgery and he is out.
However, Chauncey Billups is expected to return. The Knicks are currently the six seed in the East and must want to keep that standing, although it’s hard to say who they will face in the first round as the Heat and Celtics battle it out for the two and three seeds.
So, if you have tickets to this game, sorry. You’ll get the Carmelo Anthony vs. Anthony Morrow show, with Shawne Williams playing the part of Stoudemire, plus a lot of Toney Douglas and Sasha Vujacic. Enjoy.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 2
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 6
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8