Apr 8, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
It’s a lot like going to a Broadway show and finding out all the understudies will be on stage that night.
There’s not going to be a lot of star power in New Jersey tonight.
Amar’e Stoudemire will sit out for the Knicks, according to a tweet from Steve Adamek of the Bergin Record. Stoudemire has an injured ankle that coach Mike D’Antoni said was worse than expected. For the Nets, Deron Williams is having wrist surgery and he is out.
However, Chauncey Billups is expected to return. The Knicks are currently the six seed in the East and must want to keep that standing, although it’s hard to say who they will face in the first round as the Heat and Celtics battle it out for the two and three seeds.
So, if you have tickets to this game, sorry. You’ll get the Carmelo Anthony vs. Anthony Morrow show, with Shawne Williams playing the part of Stoudemire, plus a lot of Toney Douglas and Sasha Vujacic. Enjoy.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 11
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 8
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23