Apr 8, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
It’s a lot like going to a Broadway show and finding out all the understudies will be on stage that night.
There’s not going to be a lot of star power in New Jersey tonight.
Amar’e Stoudemire will sit out for the Knicks, according to a tweet from Steve Adamek of the Bergin Record. Stoudemire has an injured ankle that coach Mike D’Antoni said was worse than expected. For the Nets, Deron Williams is having wrist surgery and he is out.
However, Chauncey Billups is expected to return. The Knicks are currently the six seed in the East and must want to keep that standing, although it’s hard to say who they will face in the first round as the Heat and Celtics battle it out for the two and three seeds.
So, if you have tickets to this game, sorry. You’ll get the Carmelo Anthony vs. Anthony Morrow show, with Shawne Williams playing the part of Stoudemire, plus a lot of Toney Douglas and Sasha Vujacic. Enjoy.
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 0
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 3
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82