Apr 8, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
It’s a lot like going to a Broadway show and finding out all the understudies will be on stage that night.
There’s not going to be a lot of star power in New Jersey tonight.
Amar’e Stoudemire will sit out for the Knicks, according to a tweet from Steve Adamek of the Bergin Record. Stoudemire has an injured ankle that coach Mike D’Antoni said was worse than expected. For the Nets, Deron Williams is having wrist surgery and he is out.
However, Chauncey Billups is expected to return. The Knicks are currently the six seed in the East and must want to keep that standing, although it’s hard to say who they will face in the first round as the Heat and Celtics battle it out for the two and three seeds.
So, if you have tickets to this game, sorry. You’ll get the Carmelo Anthony vs. Anthony Morrow show, with Shawne Williams playing the part of Stoudemire, plus a lot of Toney Douglas and Sasha Vujacic. Enjoy.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38