Apr 8, 2011, 10:52 AM EST
Any time you pull out the “Do you know who I am?” card with the police, you’re being ass.
Meet Allen Iverson.
The driver, identified in the report as Antwuan Clisby, couldn’t produce any documentation for the vehicle, the report said. He then told the officer his passenger needed to leave the vehicle to eat dinner, and the officer said no one was leaving until the investigation was complete.
With that, Iverson became “irate,” according to the police report, saying, “I’m the (expletive) passenger.” The officer radioed for backup, and a second unit arrived, according to the report. Clisby and Iverson were asked to exit the vehicle, while Iverson continued to curse at the officer, the report said.
When police scanned the identification number of the vehicle, which belongs to Iverson, it was found to have tags that expired in 2009. Iverson, former MVP for the Philadelphia 76ers, was told his car would be towed.
“Take the vehicle, I have 10 more,” Iverson said, according to the report. “Police don’t have anything else (expletive) to do except (expletive) with me.” He then asked, “Do you know who I am?”
Iverson continued to berate the officers and tell them about who he was for the next 20 minutes, police said. Nice.
First off: Iverson became irate when he couldn’t get to dinner at 6 p.m.? I knew he was getting up there in years but didn’t think he needed the early-bird special so he could get home in time for Wheel of Fortune yet.
Iverson is a complex person with a lot of different sides. Some of those sides can be an ass.
- What rust? Russell Westbrook returns, puts up 32 points in 24 minutes (VIDEO) 2
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 3
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8